Bad guests

Jonathan51
Level 2
Valencia, Spain

Bad guests

I have just had some bad guests, the first after 2 years of hosting. I am concerned about writing a bad review. what do you think I should do?

5 Replies 5
Oomesh-Kumarsingh0
Level 10
Pamplemousses, Mauritius

@Jonathan51 Be honest and review those guests fairly, if they deserve a bad review have no pity because they wont have any pity for you. Telling the truth will also help other hosts who will deal with those guests in the future. Help yourself help the community. Good luck!!!

Thank you, this is what I wrote. I found the beginning and end on another thread.

First off I want to say that Manuel was very friendly and personable, I found him to be very likeable. he and 3 male friends were visiting Valencia to work at a tattoo exhibition.

They booked with instant booking and stayed for only 3 nights in our apartment. However, when we arrived on Sunday morning at 12pm to clean we noticed that the doors were open. When I rang the bell a girl I didn’t know opened the door and told us to wait while she finished dressing. during that time we realised a set of keys were missing and obviously more than 4 people had stayed in the apartment. The apartment is non-smoking but there was ash and used butts on the floor.

Later after the girl had left we noticed a pillow, its protector and the pillow case, part of a bedding set were missing. Manuel had taken these to the exhibition presumably for clients to lay back on while they were tattooed. As he wasn’t returning to the apartment he obviously had no intention of returning these to us. Later the keys were returned to us by another person. After contacting Manuel at almost 11pm I had to get a friend to retrieve the pillow, we live 30Km from the apartment. There was no attempt at an apology at all.

In closing, I have to say that I really hesitated to write this review but felt I owed it to my fellow hosts to be completely honest.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Great review.

I do hope you sent them a payment request for the extra people staying in your apartment.

Definitely and for a new pillow which is stained with tattoo ink.

Ask for the cost of gas to go and get the pillow.........