Being threatened by a guest

Being threatened by a guest

Greetings everyone!

I have recently had the most frightening hosting experience. I had a guest checking in with his wife and their 11 year old daughter at sround 22:30. 

Starting around 23 (i will make it a bit shorter), i have been called three times thretened that they will destroy the entire apartment and i will never be able to prove it was them, i have been shouted at, called various names (cow, idiot, stupid) simply because they wanted a microwave that was not on my listing - we found later that they had been drinking heavily. I submitted the recorded calls to Airbnb who treated the situation like a simple cancellation. They got their money back, caused damages in the apartment and i had to bring the police the next morning to ask them to leave, as they said " you are not getting rid of us so fast". 

The guest was then allowed to post his review and now still can book with other hosts. That review dropped my listing's review and my overall one.

Anyone else has been in this situation and can help me reach further Airbnb?

My previous messages have not been answered at all and cases closed -just like that.

Thank you!

8 Replies 8
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Andreea-Elena0 

Jesus! 😞 

I would have called the police the same evening and kick them out. Then I would call Airbnb and report the damage if there would be any.

I would have liked that, but logistically has been impossible. I had to first deal with Airbnb, submit recordings, cancel the reservation then get the police. Oh, yes, they didn't leave without some damage.

@Branka-and-Silvia0 wrote:

@Andreea-Elena0 

Jesus! 😞 

I would have called the police the same evening and kick them out. Then I would call Airbnb and report the damage if there would be any.

@Andreea-Elena0 

ahh... 😞 Now you can photograph the damage and submit damage claim through the resolution center but do it before your next guest arrives

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Andreea-Elena0  So sorry! Maybe try public complaint to Airbnb on Twitter and Facebook?

Thank you Lisa! I am waiting for yet another answer.

The idea that Airbnb allows people like them to still be active, book and enter people's homes is infuriating.

Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

Oh gosh @Andreea-Elena0, what an awful, frightening experience for you! What a nightmare! Your review of him was perfect - thank you for warning other hosts. Hopefully, he will never be able to book Airbnb again. But you're right that it is unfuriating that Airbnb would not ban him from the platform. I hope you have ticked the 'Report guest' flag.

It horrifies me that Airbnb doesn't have your back on this one. Maybe you should go to the media - that usually makes them sit up and listen...

Rebecca181
Level 10
Florence, OR

@Andreea-Elena0 How unfortunate that after you were victimized once by your horrific 'guests', Airbnb chose to cast you in the role of victim a second time - when they have it in their power to do their  best to set things right. I'm very sorry you were treated this way by the both of them. Not right.

Paige73
Level 6
Lansdowne, PA

Don't forget airbnb is just a listing platform for YOUR property.