Calendar Synching

Erin78
Level 2
Santa Cruz, CA

Calendar Synching

In my Airbnb calendar, reservations through HomeAway show as unoccupied on the evening of reservation. For instance, after 4pm, my calendar will show unreserved even though I have a two week booking with HomeAway. This only happens when HomeAway guests are staying consecutive nights. It has caused much trouble as I get many late night booking requests on nights I'm already booked. It makes me look unprofessional to say there is a glitch and I'm booked. It also caused many future airbnb guests turmoil as they are looking for a last minute place and are awaiting my reply. 

12 Replies 12
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

From the various posts I have seen on here the only safe way is to manage the listings manually.

David
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Erin78,

When two calendars fail to synchronise it can be difficult to find which side is at fault.

When a HomeAway booking doesn't show, as you say by 4pm, has that booking been made that day or several days previously?

Calendar synchronisation can take several hours. In my case synchronisation between my Airbnb and Google calendars is done only once per 24 hours.

One thing you could try is to reverse the synchronisation direction.

Did you sync to your Airbnb calendar by importing the HomeAway one to it or did you log in to HomeAway and export its calendar to Airbnb?

If you imported the HomeAway calendar to Airbnb then you could try loging  in to Airbnb and removing the HomeAway calendar.

Then go through the process of exporting the Airbnb calendar and importing it to HomeAway.

If you originally imported the Airbnb calendar to HomeAway then remove the Airbnb calendar from HomeAway and go through the process of exporting the HomeAway calendar to Airbnb.

If something like the above doesn't work, and since the problem seems to occur only in the specific circumstance of successive night bookings, the only solution might be to manually block your Airbnb calendar the moment you receive a multi night booking on HomeAway. Not ideal I agree.

Steve.

Hi Steve,

We just joined the airbnb community and are excited to be here.  We have our first guests in 2 weeks.  I see you are level 10 so you must be a verteran.  Any tips are welcomed.

I am trying to synch my airbnb onto my google calendar.  (i read that is what you do)

I exported from airbnb and the created one on the google calendar.  Everything loaded last night but I got a booking this morning and when I look on my google cal it does not show up even though it is confirmed on airbnb and it shows on the airbnb cal.

TIA

Angie

Andrew90
Level 10
New York, NY

What I have found words best is to maintain an independent calendar not affiliated from any of the hosting platforms I use. I then use this to sync to each of the services. 

Andrew - see community help guides for many great FAQ

Andrew

May i ask which independent calendar you use for this purpose ?

@Mark11 I personally use onerooftop as my channel manager, there is a cost for their service but the calendar is free.  But you could use sync rentals, or others that offer free calendar service, Google Calendar or any of a variety of free offerings.  I have found that the the services provided by the channel managment companies invaluable when juggling multiple listing services.  I've used several over the years and used to manage it myself in a spreadsheet before that, the automation is well worth it. 

Andrew - see community help guides for many great FAQ

Andrew 

thank you for your reply , i'm just one small BNB so Google is probbaly my best option , thank you again for your kind and helpful response ...........

Margarita2
Level 2
Pollença, Spain

Hello,

I found tool with no cost. It's called Sync Rentals, works pretty well with other platforms. 

Hope it helps!

Maybe someone else can recommend other one?

Regards

M

Rosaleen3
Level 4
London, United Kingdom

Hi All

has anybody found a way to synch the calenders of two AIRBNB listings ?

@Rosaleen3

If you are trying to avoid double bookings then it would not work anyway, best to do it manually.

David

David

It is impossible to use Instant Book on overlapping Listings if the AIRBNB calenders cant be synchronised.

AIRBNB are encouraging and prioitising Instant Book , so I would expect a simple way to synch the calenders of overlapping listings to facilitate IB.

It cant be a difficult thing to set up, but I cant see a way to do it , and I cant find any info on it- despite there being quite a few hosts asking the same question.

all the best

Rosaleen

@Rosaleen3

I sync to my Google Calendar, but I have noticed it can take sometime for it to happen, seen it suggested syncing happens every 12 hours?

Whatever there is no way that I know to set  up so this all happens immediately other than doing it manually.

The only safe way I know is to when you say rent out the same property as both a house and individual rooms is to take out the one first and then accept the other. Now I do not think AirBnB set it up with the idea that people were doube listing, it is a workaround.

As fas as syncing with other sites from what I can gather it is a problem especially with mutiple sites wanting you to use Instant Book bit there not being a foolproof way of taking a booking on one site and immediately updating all the others.

Hotels have spare capacity most people on AirBnb do not and can not overbook.

David