Cancellation very late in stay

Cancellation very late in stay

My guests just cancelled a five-night reservation, on the fourth night of their stay at 7:00 pm. Cancellation reason was bad weather expected at their destination over the weekend. Clearly I'll have a difficult time re-booking for tomorrow night, which is a Friday. I'm new to hosting--what is my responsibility? Thanks so much for your thoughts.

8 Replies 8

To be clear (I'm the host), the guests cancelled the entire trip four nights after check-in. It's as if they were never here.

Wait so did they stay 4 nights and cancel the rest? Or they never showed and they cancelled 4 days into a no show? 

They checked in Sunday and cancelled the whole trip Thursday evening after they'd been here four days. They're still here, planning on leaving in the morning.

Scott80
Level 10
Honolulu, HI

@Catherine274 is not 'new to hosting.' according to her profile, she has been hosting for more than a year and is a Superhost.

Looks like what happened is that she approved a booking cancellation instead of a booking modification. Here are the directions for guests who want to leave earlyhttps://www.airbnb.com/help/article/913/can-i-change-a-reservation-as-a-guest  . It is totally at the host's discretion to accept the request. If a request was made and declined by the host, the guest could appeal to AirBnB under the extenuating circumstance policy.

Thanks for your reply, Scott. I've only been hosting since November, so about two months, although yes, I'm a Superhost. The issue is that I wasn't asked to approve an alteration or a cancellation. Somehow my guests, who are still here, cancelled the whole trip, even though they checked in four nights ago. They intend to leave in a few hours. So I'm at a loss as to what to do next.

Hi @Catherine274

I think you should call Airbnb right now, that's very tricky situation.

here all contact: https://community.airbnb.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/Community-Help-EN/page/1/thread-...

Thanks very much. Trying @AirbnbHelp first.

Yeah if you did not approve a cancellation or modification, it is definitely a problem that AirBnB has to fix.