Changing Cancellation Policies and Check In/Check Out Times: A Community Help Guide

Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Changing Cancellation Policies and Check In/Check Out Times: A Community Help Guide

-----------------Updated June 2017--------------------

An updated version of this Community Guide is now available, click here to view.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Here are the steps to change your Cancellation Policy.

Step #1: Go to your "Manage Listing".

manage listing 1.png

Step #2: Move your curser to the left hand side or choose "Pricing, listing details..." and then scroll down to "Terms".  Select "Terms".

manage listing 2.png

Step 3: Adjust the "Check in After" time, "Check in After" time , and/or the Cancellation Policy which best fits your needs.  If you need a better understanding of which each policy means, click the red link "Learn More".

manage listing 3.png

Cheers

David

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

10 Replies 10
Gail4
Level 2
Christina Lake, Canada

Is there any way of having differing cancellation policies for different times of the year? e.g. summer is our busy period and we would like a stricter cancellation policy compared to winter

Galina--and-Alex-0
Level 2
Texas, United States

This information would appear to be obsolete as of the date of this reply.

Cordially...

Dorita0
Level 1
Lake Worth, FL

Great, clear guidance got me to the right place, but the long-term cancellation option doesn't show.   I think it's because I wasn't able to put my long-term rental into the calendar.  I put the date people could start staying as my start time--is that right?   But it wouldn't let me put my 6-months-later end time (when they must leave, right?), and it seems to block times that I want available as if they were unavailable.  

It just wouldn't take what I typed in.   Can someone please help?   Thanks!

Hi @Dorita0,

It looks like you have a minimum nights stay set at 180 nights.  You cannot set your cancellation as "long term".  Long term cancellation policy will be automatically applied for any reservations made which are 28 nights or more so if someone books your place for 180 nights, it will have the long term cancellation policy applied and not the flexible policy.

I hope this clears things up @Dorita0

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Emma95
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Hi

I have had to cancel 5 booked trips (all over 6 week notice) due to extenuating circumstances. I will be charged 50 quid a cancellation unless I make a claim. At no place can I see how I should make a claim. This community guide is obviously set up to minimise queries that Airbnb has to deal with but it's impossible to navigate. Can anyone please help?
Xia0
Level 1
Southbank, Australia

I don't know why this crazy setting tooks the booking, but any way that I cancelled this booking  more than 3 months, why they charge my cancellation fee? $66 was taking from other reservation!

Emma95
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Hi

I have had to cancel 5 booked trips (all over 6 week notice) due to extenuating circumstances. I will be charged 50 quid a cancellation unless I make a claim. At no place can I see how I should make a claim. This community guide is obviously set up to minimise queries that Airbnb has to deal with but it's impossible to navigate. Can anyone please help?
Xia0
Level 1
Southbank, Australia

I am in here , I don't know why this crazy setting tooks the booking, but any way that I cancelled this booking is more than 3 months, why they charge my cancellation fee? $66 was taking from other reservation!

Spring-DeLaguna0
Level 1
Calabarzon, Philippines

Hi. I would to request to change the cancellation policy from Strict to Super Strict 30. Please let me know how to change it. Thanks

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for your participation here. I just wanted to let you know that there is now an updated version of this Community Guide, click here to view.

I will now close this topic for new posts. 

Thank you,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.