Community Center Festival of Hospitality 2021 - get involved!

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Community Center Festival of Hospitality 2021 - get involved!

Quincy_0-1626791597722.jpeg

Hello everyone,

It’s been an amazing time here on the Community Center — through extreme adversity, difficulty and disruption we’ve seen hosts sharing stories, advice and laughs when providing great hospitality to guests. 

This host community works so hard that it’s no wonder it can be difficult to keep track of all your incredible contributions. 

Some of you may remember that we held our first Festival of Hospitality back in August 2019. We weren’t able to hold it last year for obvious reasons. 

So, from August 23 - 26th, together we will see the return of our four-day hosting festival here in the Community Center! 

The Community Center Festival of Hospitality is entirely online, full of great topics and fun conversation. You can revisit our first Festival by having a look here: Festival of Hospitality 2019

We do need your help, though, so we would like to invite you to get involved.

Here are two ways:

1. Community Video: “Hosting has taught me...”

We would like you to record a 10-second video of yourself on your smartphone (or other device if you prefer). All videos will start with you saying “Hosting has taught me…”. 

We will stitch all the videos together to make our very own community video, which we will share to close out the festival.

How this works: 

• Start by recording yourself saying “Hosting has taught me…”
  • Record it in landscape mode, if possible (not portrait) 
  • Ideal video formats: .mov or mp4
  • Send your video submissions to airbnb-cc@airbnb.com

If you want some inspiration, check out the 2019 video here: I love hosting 

1. Create a detailed topic all about hospitality:

If you would like to create a topic to be included in the week, please comment below or contact me directly to discuss this further. 

We are asking for a maximum of 750 words, which we will translate into all the languages we support here on the CC to share during the Festival. And let’s not skimp on those snaps, too!

We know you all have so much creativity to share, so can’t wait to see what we can all learn during the Festival week!

Thanks so much,

Quincy, Nick, Liv and Steph

**Deadline for submissions is August Monday 16th, 2021

*Disclaimer 

By submitting your video to the email address above, you authorize Airbnb to use your media, your first name, profile photo, and city and country of residence in marketing materials to promote Airbnb.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

31 Replies 31
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Clara116 @Siyana-and-Khalam0 @Helen427 @Suzanne302 @Juan306 @Rie9 @Lawrene0 @Nutth0 @Miloud0 @Michiko2 @Yasu1,

Just tagging you here as you also took part in the 2019 festival  🙂

-----

@QuincyI will definitely submit a video but like @Helen427  said it would be nice to see some of the newer contributors. I can always write on the topic of dog-friendly hosting, but I think I did that last time!

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Suzanne302, a video would be absolutely lovely! I've actually contacted some newer members as well over the past few days! 😊

-----

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Suzanne302 

I do hope Griffin is the star of the show again this year!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

@Stephanie  You know I couldn't do a video without him!

Oh wow @Quincy you didn't tag me and I was in the 2019 video.

Naughty @Quincy  huh @Mike-And-Helen0 @Solveig0 @Cathie19 and others.

I wonder what role he is playing behind the scenes this year??

@Stephanie @Lizzie @Francesca @Anna @May @Sergi@Noriko 

and other Admins I hope your Language CC have been invited to join to.

@Helen427 

@Solveig0 

@Cathie19 

@Suzanne302 

Not photogenic enough maybe or neddies too naughty?!

@Mike-And-Helen0 @Quincy 

No, I just missed the deadline! I have a bad habit of popping in here on the regular for a couple weeks, then getting distracted with other things and I end up not checking in!

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Oh no @Mike-And-Helen0! We've still got some spots left if you'd like to join in! 

-----

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Quincy  sounds fantastic....I've got on my thinking cap....kinda rusty but gonna work on it. Thanks for including me. I'd love to be part of this festival of hosting! Till soon!

All good things,

Clara

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

That's great! Thank you, @Clara116. It'd be great to see you around again 😊

-----

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Thanks @Quincy 

In all fairness, I think it would be great to see some of the many of the other wonderful people who contribute here in CC have a turn at participating.

Over to you all and I look forward to seeing your names in the schedule @Sharon0 @Dave1019 @James2566 @Irene39 @Hannah775 @Adam1295 @Emiel1 @Fran2 @Bon661 @Anna2007 @Cassandra191 @Cindy58 @Steve973 @Matt682 @Charlotte499 @Celia302 @Dianne25 @Kiwi0 @Kiwi8 @Kiwi5 @Kiwi1 @Edinburgh-Festival-Camping0 

How about we all tag some of those who we have had like our posts and encourage them to join in???

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks for the tags @Helen427 🙂! Will you be participating this year? 

-----