Condo Board Sent me a notice to stop hosting

Answered!

Condo Board Sent me a notice to stop hosting

I have to cancel my reservations starting in a week after recieving a notice from my condo board.  What is the best way to do this?  Does this count as an extenuating circumstance?

A real bummer, I was having a great time hosting and meeting people.

Thank you

1 Best Answer

@Alexander, you could try to talk airbnb into considering the cancellations as caused by the same event and error and that they should apply only one penalty to all of them, not one to every single one. You have understandable cause for your error and it would encourage you to continue hosting with the same account and on airbnb.
Call them and keep trying. Try to get a case manager or get higher up and plead your good will. That you tried to minimise damage to guests and airbnb image should help, insist on that.
When the airbnb founders started to lodge students on an airbed in their living room, they did not have permission to do that either. Their "illegal" idea is worth billions today.

Unfortunately, this forum is getting more hostile by the day. And I could not even say if the unsolicited attacks are worse or the unmotivated All-is-well-be-happy nonsense the same people post on other triggers. It's just pavlovian reflexes is action.
I'm very sorry that you got that straight off when asking for help.
Good luck for your negotiations!

View Best Answer in original post

84 Replies 84
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello everyone,

I am just going to step in to this discussion.

I think we need to take a step back from this conversation and consider what is being posted.  We welcome different opinions here and they don't always have to be positive, but I hope they will be constructive, and personal attacks on other members of the CC will not be tolerated (and is against the CC Guidelines). Most of the comments are not a response to the question at heart and simply not necessary and certainly not enjoyable to read. 

For this reason, I have removed some of the comments here. 

Alexander, I do hope you get this sorted.

Thanks, Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

I am SHOCKED to see how @Lizzie deleted words and complete sentences out of the post of @Jessa0!!!!  This has nothing much to do with the guidelines anymore. No freedom of "speach" or opinion anymore here ? 

@Maryam-Al-Fakheer0 this forum was set up to have censorship and unfortunately it is not censored by qualified airbnb employees. The censorship was my first concern and it was absolutely clear from the beginning that a censored forum would not allow free speech and thereby only result in a a small circle of people who have no other wish as to confirm themselves, to raise a cult and praise the cult"s ideas.

The problem is only that this forum had the purpose in it's existance to vaunt airbnb's image and to increase the hosting capacities of airbnb's hosts and thereby to increase the image even more. And the money. I'm perfectly fine with that purpose.

As I see it, airbnb pays here to damage it's image and to have some less qualified hosts raise a cult and influence help seeking new hosts. 

As said to @Jonny before, I usually help a lot of hosts on other forums every day and many people estimate my advice. I will not continue giving that advice for free when my words are censored. 

CENSORSHIP ????  I can't believe this. This is not normal anymore.  It seems that I have more freedom of speach or opinion here in Islamic JORDAN than in AIRBNB !  I know this practice of censorship from WWII !!! But NOT in modern world anno 2016 !  

"We believe in free speech, transparency, and clear communication." 

Is this the Queen's Royal WE?

@Maryam-Al-Fakheer0, Censorship we have more on this page then the Groups. That is why I do not support this platform with my time. the more  you all support this platform, visa vie, writing here the more censorship we will all swallow and the faster they will take down our Groups. I am only here now, at the prodding of Helga because of a disagreement.  Come back to the A and S Group Maryam and say a curse word, or something that comes to mind, Freely. Rock on my sista, keep speaking the truth, but stop waisting your efforts here.

@Helga0 Thank you so much for your helpful answers, as well as candid messages on the other topics.  I enjoyed reading all of your replies, and your realistic approach to problems is a nice breath of fresh air. 

Jessa0
Level 10
Ngorongoro, Tanzania

the edits made by a London based consultancy firm that has nothing to do with airbnb - were me tagging Robin and calmly explaining that Robin's tone is the reason I rarely visit this 'community'. Good night ❤️ 

Shannon0
Level 6
North Charleston, SC

I feel as if I am getting motion sickness.

@Shannon0, You are always a hoot!  I think it is time for me to return to  A & S.  No @Lizzie, A&S may look like a swear but it is not so please do not censor me!

Look what you started @Alexander15!  

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

@Dave-and-Deb0 @Shannon0 @Maxine0  

Can somebody tell me what is the A and S group, please?

@Maryam-Al-Fakheer0

It's the Anecdote & Storie old group (https://www.airbnb.fr/groups/429). Helga is one of the most important contributor, posting many many funny stories and anecdotes about being a host.

Thank you @Anonymous   Is this group still active?   Somehow I can not use the link you sent me.

@Maryam-Al-Fakheer0

Try making a copy/paste of the link on your computer. If it doesn't work perhaps it's just still open to members (it is supposed to be closed, like all the other old groups after 29/04). And yes it's still active...and funnier than this one.