Custom Hosting: Diverse markets

Syed-and-Salma0
Level 1
Islamabad, Pakistan

Custom Hosting: Diverse markets

I have hosted with AirBnB successfully in the past. I have for personal reasons moved to another country and plan to go back to hosting in my new place. As I see it, I am dealing with two very different markets in my area. a) Foreign Tourists b) Local tourists. These clients are very different in their expectations (Amenities as well as Hospitality) and their capacity to pay. Even the verbiage on our hosting account needs to address different needs, issues, and be culturally and socially sensitive. Hosts in non English speaking culturally diverse countries may have experiences similar to mine. 

Is there any way that I could have two hosting accounts for the same property and host. Each account shall be customized to needs, issues and expectations of the domestic and foreign tourists. I would also have slightly higher rates for foreign tourists because they can bear higher rates, and their expectations justify them. 

These are examples how our environment is different: I am in a third world environment so providing airconditioning is expensive in initial and operating cost, we have frequent power outages (scheduled and unscheduled although we have generator/UPS backup ), water quality does not meet WHO standards (so we must supply boiled water, even bottled water isn't safe, construction of homes is quite different and civil infra-structure (like roads, water pressure, power voltage fluctuations, parks, sidewalks, cable TV signals)  do not meet American or Europeon specifications. Some handicapps we can surmounts others we can't. In our area Ruppee is legal tender, but rates by all hosts are posted in US$. This poses no problem to the foreign tourist but the local can and wants to pay in the local currency.  (May that is handled in some way by AirBnB).

Having feed back from other fellow hosts in similar situations will be greatly appreciated. 

0 Replies 0