Delete a Listing (Deactivate): A Community Help Guide

Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Delete a Listing (Deactivate): A Community Help Guide

-----------------Updated June 2017--------------------

An updated version of this Community Guide is now available, click here to view.

------------------------------------------------------------

Some hosts wish to permanently delete one of their listing for several reasons which may include they sold the property, created it by mistake or they are just choosing not to rent it out any longer.  If you wish to permanently remove a listing from your account, follow the instructions below.

Here is how you deactivate your listing permanently:

manage listing.png

Choose the listing you want to delete and then choose "Manage Listing and Calendar".

manage listing 1.png

You can permanently deactivate your listing by going to "Basics" under the listing section of the left hand menu.  The scroll down and find the red link that says "deactivate this listing".

deactivate.png

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

42 Replies 42
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

Another excellent tutorial @Dave-and-Deb0 which I will bookmark for future use along with the one on the Resolution Center!

Adva0
Level 2
The Hague, Netherlands

Hello D&D,

I deactived by mistake my listing. any idea who can I asked to recover this mistake?

It will take so much effort to make a new listing right  from the beging, and all the photos I lost...

any idea?

Regards

Adva

Hi @Adva0,

I think you should contact Airbnb on this as I can not give you a definative answer on this.  I know if you "cancel" your whole Airbnb account, they can reactivate it for you BUT I believe when you "Delete" a listing, it permanently deletes it.

permanent.png

Checkout this link if you wish to contact Airbnb: https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Tips-Tricks/Contact-Airbnb-A-How-To-Guide/m-p/16165#M728

Cheers

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Thank you both so much, I too had made an extra listing by mistake and now have managed finally to get it deleted/ deactivated! Cheers guys!

Camila4
Level 2
Bogota, Colombia

Hi @Dave-and-Deb0 Thanks so much for the detailed guide. I've been a host for a while and this morning accidentally created two new listings instead of one (cllicked refresh at the worng time). I now have an incomplete listing that I need to delete - all I can get are prompts to finish it, which is definitely not my intention. Any tricks as to how to fix this one? 

Carmel2
Level 1
Randburg, South Africa

I've tried deleting a listing I made in error. I've tried going to Basics in Manage Listings and Calendar, but it doesn't offer the option of deleting the listing. I've even uploaded a photo as someone suggested, and then trying to delete it.  Any suggestions?

same problem here. tried to reach the support and the support does not answer.

Fay1
Level 2
United Kingdom

thanks very much for this useful advice, Fay

Barbara60
Level 1
Rancho Mirage, CA

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply. Unfortunately, when I follow these instructions, there isn't an option to remove the listing! The screen just says 'Next'.

So annoying. AirB&B's suggested process about how to delete (misnamed deactivate) a listing does not work. Unfortunately, I too have found when I follow the instructions, there isn't an option to remove the listing! The screen just says 'Next'.

Gabrielle9
Level 2
Amsterdam, Netherlands

Can you also deactivate a listing that isn't complete? Or do you have to complete the listing first before you can deactivate it?

thanks,

Hi,

You need to complete it and then you can delete it. I know it is silly.

Dave

David

Many thanks for your help.  I found this conversation thread and it's sorted out my issue.

I wanted to delete a listing that was unfinished, so I finished it as you suggested and the only option I get now is to publish it,  not to delete it. Any advice?

Thank you