Experienced hosts do you leave reviews before or after a guest leaves theirs?

Ephraim0
Level 10
New York, NY

Experienced hosts do you leave reviews before or after a guest leaves theirs?

I'm sure there are good schools of thought on the subject, please weigh in with yours. 

4 Replies 4
Sharon114
Level 10
Lincoln, United Kingdom

I always leave a review for guests as soon as I am prompted to do so.  The guest will then get a message stating that the host has left them a review but they cannot read it until they have left one of their own.  I think this may well prompt many guests into writing a review of their own.  If your guest leaves a review for you prior to your review to them, you will not be able to read it.  It is only visable once both reviews have been written.  After 14 days any reviews written will be visable.

Ana7
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

I do it exactly the way Sharon described.

Ed24
Level 2
Ocean View, DE

Question

How do you write a review on a guest.  I have a situation that the guest was messier than most, left dishes in the sink, had a pull in the rug, solied the mattress pads, lost a pool pass, didn't make the beds, etc. We brought this to their attention via email and they paid us for the lost pool pass and solied mattress pad and said they were sorry for any inconvenience.  On my review of them, should i spell all this out and then say they paid us promptly for the items damaged and seemed remorseful in their response?   Just didn't know how to approach it.    Thanks   Ed

Aoi0
Level 6
Tokyo, Japan

If they are guests, I would have written the review ASAP.

If they are not so good, I would wait until they write my review first.

Few guests just did not know what they were doing in Tokyo, they did not follow our house rules,  so I waited until the deadline.