First time host

Mladen4
Level 1
Zagreb, Croatia

First time host

Hi to everyone,

I need an info about pay out, beacuse I have first reservation for my house but I don't know when will I get the money, and from who (Airbnb or guest directly)? Take my apologises in advance ifi the question is silly, but I am totally new at this.

Thank you

3 Replies 3
Jack90
Level 6
Queensland, AU

Hi,

You will be paid around the arrival day of the guest. All payments go through Airbnb. Guest pays Airbnb, who takes their cut, then pays you the remainder. 

Hope that helps,

Jack

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Mladen4

Hi Mladen, when you set up your listing profile you would have been prompted to give Airbnb your payment preferences! In other words what account you would like your payments to go too. Airbnb would have sent a small amount of money to that account to show you that all was ready for you to receive payments.

All payments are made to you by Airbnb, not the guest! When the guest books your listing they pay Airbnb immediately and Airbnb hold that money in a trust account for you until 24 hours after the guest arrives. They then release that money to your nominated account and send you an email informing you that the guest's payment has been sent to your account.

You can track the financial details of your hosting by doing the following...

When you log onto your listing page click your photo in the top right corner of the page and from the drop-down box check 'Account Settings'.

In that screen that appears on the left side of the page scroll down to 'Transaction History'!

The first item will say 'Completed transactions' and list payouts that have been made to you.

The second item will say 'Future transactions' and this will list all guests which are booked and have paid Airbnb, and which Airbnb will release to you once the guest has arrived.....

The following screenshot shows you what I have described above......

Transaction history.png

Your transaction history gives you clear advice as to the status of any funds that are owing to you and those that have been paid to you. I hope this helps you Mladen.

Cheers......Rob

Thank you for your detailed explanation..

Cheers