Guests with arrest warrants?

Laci52
Level 2
Lincoln, NE

Guests with arrest warrants?

This is a first. 

Local police in unmarked cars watching the building and pulling over other tenants asking about someone seen around the building.  Looked up the person who booked and who is in the unit, she and her husband have arrest warrants.  We've called the local police to let them know (she started off on the wrong foot with an unauthorised emotional support animal). 

My question is if they are arrested, what do I do with anything they leave behind?  There were here for a month stay, so there could be a bunch there.  (This is one apartment in a six plex, with the other units occupied by long term tenants.)

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Laci52 You need to google the law in your state with respect to guests leaving items in your property.

@Laci52   Something similar came up in another recent thread:  https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/New-to-Hosting/First-guest-arrested-during-stay/td-p/1461430

As with the host in that thread, you definitely have grounds to have Airbnb terminate the booking. But you'll probably have to coordinate with the police on how to proceed. I'm sure it matters what the guests are being investigated for, and the rental might have to be searched before you can enter and handle anything that might be evidence. 

Laci52
Level 2
Lincoln, NE

I did send them a screen shot of their warrants, and they cancelled their reservation.