How do I add a guest fee for just one night out of a several-night reservation?

Kris20
Level 1
SF, CA

How do I add a guest fee for just one night out of a several-night reservation?

6 Replies 6
Dalvis0
Level 1
Miami, FL

I am having the same scenario today with some guests.

Ed-and-Hugh0
Level 10
Miami, FL

@Kris20 Most hosts would just make a modification to the reservation and ask the guest to accept, but it's really up to you.

Under the Resolution Centre you can request an additional fee to cover the cost for additional guest for the night. I have used this feature many times before and it works well. Just get confirmation through the message feature that they understand there is an additional charge so that Airbnb wil side with you in the event of a dispute.

Hi Kerry,

I have had this happen also - if it is for the same guest(s) then I ask them to do it through AirBnB because if anything went sideways (a dispute over something) you need to have AirBnB on your side.  I absolutely will not take cash or do it under the table.  I also have a policy that only registered guests can stay with us - no exceptions but I have three friends who have AirBnB's that I can recommend or a hotel close by.  However you decided to handle it, I'm sure it will work out.

Amy77
Level 2
Portland, OR

For my listing the extra guest fee is based on the cleaning required for a second or third bedroom. If the second or third bedroom is used for only one or two nights out of the seven night stay my housekeeper still has to clean it so I wouldn't refund any money. However it is totally at your discretion as to whether or not you choose to do so 😊
Edwina-and-Steve0
Level 2
Tamala Park, Australia

I have many guests who bring an additional person for one or two nights. I causes a number of issues as Airbnb doesn't cater for this scenario and it is very common.