How to categorize my listing

David479
Level 1
Highlands Ranch, CO

How to categorize my listing

We rent our entire walkout basement that includes a bedroon, bathroom, great room with couch, loveseat, TV, bistro table and kithchenette - all for guest use only.  It is not shared what so ever.  So it is more than a private room but it is in house and so not the entire house.  I'm trying to figure out how to list it.  It's been a "private room" since we listed it in March but guests keep telling me it's more like an apartment and that I could raise my rates.  

Can I list it as an apartment or entire level or ??  Thanks in advance for your advise.  

3 Replies 3
Lyndsey2
Level 10
Stonington, CT

I think that if the guests have a private entrance, then it is definitely a "whole place." If they need to walk through your space to get to their room, then it is a very high end private room. 

Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@David479 This should help:  https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/317/what-do-the-different-room-types-mean

An Entire Home listing is one where the guest has exclusive use of the premises.  They don't share it with you or anyone else. It is totally private. 

Milagros0
Level 2
Navarre, FL

David, I have a similar listing. I get a lot of views with the new way I listed it. I get what people are telling you, they tell me the same thing. What I have done is listed it as business ready, listed as an "entire house" but the room type is a bed and breakfast. I was furnishing breakfast anyway, just not listing it. It is up to you, but that is what I do. Hope that helps.