I feel bad about posting a bad review

AsmaandChris0
Level 1
Basel, Switzerland

I feel bad about posting a bad review

Hello everyone,

I just have mistaken the different social approach of my guests for passive aggressivity, I realized after they left a great review that shows they were not mad at us, it was just the way they behave.

How can I change that?

Thanks,

2 Replies 2
Nicky-And-Julian0
Level 5
East Molesey, United Kingdom

You can call Customer services and ask them to change it - or try tweeting if you can't find a number (usually on your booking email).

Your host will be grateful.

Christine1
Level 10
Glenbrook, Australia

If after any guest stay, you write an email to simply say thankyou and focus on positive aspects of their conduct, you are likely to get a positive private reply. If you are unsure of how they experienced you or your accommodation you can ask their opinion or a general comment, such as I hope that you had everything you needed and expected.... whatever suits your situation. In the case as you have described, this would act as a preventative measure to balance out/reduce cultural misunderstandings prior to reviews being written.

You can add a public response to their review to balance out/ or cancel the negative effect of your review.. reading more reviews helps to understand which comments and topics are reasonable for inclusion in comments.

I hope this is helpful to you and others.

Christine.