If AirBnb is your main job, how many of you put your work an AirBnb on LinkedIn when you are searching for employment outside of the home?

Jennifer-Rae0
Level 2
Chexbres, Switzerland

If AirBnb is your main job, how many of you put your work an AirBnb on LinkedIn when you are searching for employment outside of the home?

Hello Community!

Question for you all: when you are looking for work outside of the home and have been unemployed for a while, do you put you are working an AirBnb on your LinkedIn Profile?

I have been searching for a full time job now for quite sometime, and to close the gap I have built a really successful AirBnb in the interim.  My Airbnb work load is around 50%, which is the same type of work load I am now looking for outside of the home as eventually I will need to transition away from hosting.

I look on LI and did not see anyone post they work an AirBnb. I only see those who are employed by Airbnb (ie did not see any hosts put they work an AirBnb on their LI profile).

Are we able to do this, and if so, is it advisable to communicate this on LI when searching for a job and when recruiters are looking at your profile?

I have not done this (ie put on LI) as I did not want to detract from my corporate career as I am looking for work in the same field.

Any input is appreciated!

2 Replies 2
Jennifer-Rae0
Level 2
Chexbres, Switzerland

Any thoughts or guidance on this is appreciated!

Dimitar27
Level 10
Sofia, Bulgaria

There was a post about this ...I think 2 -3 years ago. It was about including your ABB activity in your CV or something like this.