Is there a polite way to ask a happy renter to write a review? I am new and need reviews.

Is there a polite way to ask a happy renter to write a review? I am new and need reviews.

6 Replies 6
Karen169
Level 1
Sheboygan, WI

Hi Robyn!  I'm also brand new to hosting this summer.  I live in Wisconsin.  Most of my guests so far are brand new to Airbnb so they really don't fully understand the entire process.  So often at breakfast, I freely discuss how I'm brand new and how the process works and I let them know that I will have the chance to review them as guests.  I let them know in advance that they'll be getting a message from Airbnb reminding them to write a review and I tell them it's really important for both parties (guests AND hosts).  This has worked well!

Karen

Roger17
Level 10
Thomaston, GA

Hi Robyn - I agree with Karen, on chek-out day I tell the guests how much I've enjoyed having them and tell them about the email Airbnb will send them.  I say something like:  I'm so glad you enjoyed staying at Ms. Annie's and I would really appreciate it if you would write a review.  Often times, guests that have history with Airbnb will mention it first.  Best regards, Roger

Andrew90
Level 10
New York, NY

@Robyn34@Roger17@Karen169   I rent a whole house and live many hours away.  Here is a message template I use when encouraging folks to leave a review.  I try to stear them to channel criticism privatly and leave positive feedback publicly.  

I hope you enjoyed your stay at my home. I would like to remind you to review your stay with us using Airbnb.  When providing your public feedback, It will really help me aunderstand what you liked most about my condo and the rental process and especially help other prospective guest feel comfortable choosing my home for their families.

I would also encourage to reply directly to me or provide private feedback during the review process with anything I can do to have made your stay more comfortable or the process easier. I use this feedback to prioritize upgrades and repairs. Right now for example I'm considering upgrading either the Fridge, the Washer/Dryer or the Stove but probably can't afford all 3.

I look forward to having you back for your next vacation.

Andrew - see community help guides for many great FAQ

Thank you SO much, that was extremely helpfull and well done!!

Best regards

Robyn

Connie17
Level 2
Fredericksburg, TX

Yes, I just left a note and simply said " hope you enjoyed your stay" Would you please take a moment and review my property as I am new and need the reviews...and left them a chocolate and business card. It works. New too....Connie

Beth44
Level 10
Flagstaff, AZ

I would suggest telling them something like  "I am looking forward to your review and suggestions as your perspective on your stay means a lot to keeping what I offer top notch"!