Leaving a bad reviewe

Leaving a bad reviewe

Hey everyone. I had problem wit guest how use airbnb for first time. They have booked double room with private bathroom clearly stated in title and in description as well. When they arrive they thought they rent entire flat. Of course even price suggested

that its room not a flat. They book 3 nights and they left after day and half. Now they left review and I expect its terrible review because they didnt get what they were expecting(its

Hey everyone. I had problem wit guest how use airbnb for first time. They have booked double room with private bathroom clearly stated in title and in description as well. When they arrive they thought they rent entire flat. Of course even price suggested

that its room not a flat. They book 3 nights and they left after day and half. Now they left review and I expect its terrible review because they didnt get what they were expecting(its there fault) is there any chance to remove this review (i didnt write jet anything abouth them.. they were very rude) because they review not relevant because they thought they booked something else.
Please let me know

2 Replies 2
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Ivana-and-Milos0 I would review them...be professional and just say something like:

First time AirBnB'rs and unfortunately they thought they were renting an entire appartement rather than a private room. We tried to make their stay as lovely as possible while they looked for somewhere else to stay.

You have lots of good reviews - dont; worry about this one. If they do leave a negative review then you can respond publicly again.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Ivana-and-Milos0

What Bad luck that you have struck this situation. It is possibly a bit difficult for the inexperienced Airbnb user because they may not have applied the required filters when they were searching, liked the look of your lovely listing andbooked withour realising. Iknow, I know...it's all there on the listing page but, many times guests don't look at the nuts and bolts of the listing, they just see what it looks like and when it's available. The other thing is, you do have 15 listings!, scrolling from one to another, this may have confused them.

Anyway, what ever the reason, it's done!

As far as the review is concerned, it is most important that you leave a review because if you don't their review will be posted on your page after 14 days, but you will not have the opportunity to leave a response to that review. In your review just be brief and say the guests booked a private room thinking they were getting an entire house. Unfortunate but they were new to Airbnb and did not quite understand the procedure. I do feel terrible but it was their mistake not mine! Leave it at that, but when their review is posted you can respond to it and that is where you should be diplomatic because, that will stay with you for a long time!

Don't be too hard on them because, it was a mistake...and we all make them, don't we?

You could say something like,

"There was an unfortunate misunderstanding over the scope of the booking which the guest was not happy with. We do go out of our way to make sure all the details of our listing are correctly posted, as is evidenced by our 70 reviews. Perhaps their being new to Airbnb had some baring on this, and I was sad to see them prematurely go, they were lovely people, and under other circumstances I am sure would have had a wonderful stay. I wish them all the best for the future and if the opportunity happened that I was able to host them again in the future I would assure them of a fantastic stay".

Ivan & Milos, you haven't 'grovelled', you have remained dignified...the sort of host we would all want to stay with! But most importantly you have got your point across to the hosting community and have not given them any further cause to resent you.

I hope this can help you guys....all thye best.

Cheers....Rob