My guest booked for 3 but bringing an extra 2

Mimi39
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

My guest booked for 3 but bringing an extra 2

Hey everyone,

My unit is set up with 2 queen beds good for a max of 4 people. I recently had a booking where someone was still confirming, and I told her I did have an air mattress or a twin mattress she could use for a 5th guest. I don't have any extra bedding or linens for these as I have them for personal use. The problem is, because my guest booked for 3 and advised me of extra after, she did not get charged for the other person, in which I'd use the money to provide the linens and needs to accommodate. I don't want to have a negative review to ask for more money, but is that the best course of action?

1 Reply 1
Kate157
Level 10
SF, CA

You should mention extra fees the moment a guest says that there will be extra people. They should update their reservation for the correct number at your insistence. If this isn't done right away, it can turn awkward later when you have to ask the guests for reimbursement for the extra people. I recently had a guest reserve for one, but they were a couple when they arrived. I was very friendly, but let them know I charge for a second guest. It's only $15, so it isn't much. They gave me some cash and everyone was happy.