New host, looking for tips, second thoughts

Ezequiel23
Level 2
Luján, Argentina

New host, looking for tips, second thoughts

Hello there everyone! This is My Listing

I tried to see other listings and read a lot of tips about hosting to keep improving my space and my listing.

I’d really love to know what would you improve or change, I’m waiting for some things like a curtain for a window that it’s not shown in the photos and print a 3x2 mts vinyl to cover the structure upstairs as you may see.

I’m getting booked but maybe not that much if I compare what i offer next to the surroundings, I even set the price as low as U$25 and set smart pricing on (Here a crappy hotel for 2 costs around U$70 - 97 the night, and shared Airbnb rooms in the area starts at U$16 in the area)

So anyways, dont want to make this text longer than it already is.

Thanks so much for your time and If you can help me I’d appreciate it very much!

4 Replies 4
Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Ezequiel23 Your listing looks really interesting: overall, I think that the pictures are good and the wording seems straightforward.

A few suggestions:

- Is it possible for you to open the big wooden doors at the end of the space to let in some natural light, even just while you take pictures?

- Include a picture of the entire space from the front door. There is no picture taken from the kitchen and door end of the suite.

- For the mezzanine space, I would consider adding a guardrail. To me, I think it seems a bit unsafe for people to use the space for sleeping without it. What if they roll off of the air matress in the night, or mis-step on the way up or down?

- Include a picture of the sofa bed with linens on it, as it would be set up for a guest.

- The bathroom pictures could use some improvement. I would remove the picture of the soap dish and jar: it looks a bit grungy, and it's not adding anything. Also take out the toothbrush for the pictures. I would also consider replacing the shower curtain with something more modern, even if it's just patterned plastic: the lace doesn't fit the rest of the space. I would remove the baby bath from the shower for the pictures; maybe just have one extra picture of it to show it's available and leave it at that. For the purposes of the pictures, I would remove all but the white towels and maybe just show a few: right now it's a bit of a jumble of mismatched towels jammed into the shelving. Maybe also consider replacing the toilet seat with a new one so it matches the toilet. Think hotel bathroom: remove all the clutter that you can.

The bathroom is the least inviting space, in my opinion.

Thank you so so so much @Alexandra316 , for all the tips. I didn’t play before because I started working in the bathroom ASAP in the things you mentioned, the new photos are already uploaded if you’d like to sneak peek 🙂

Regarding the remaining tips tomorrow a friend who’s a carpenter and iron smith will come to take some measures and start doing some things little by little because the remaining stuff are like little expensive between materials and work time.

Nevertheless, i’ll take new photos doing and following what you said once I get the new curtain for the big window that doesn’t show up here, this Saturday or a week after guests leave.

Again, thank you so much for your time, needed some good critics 🙂

@Ezequiel23 I took a look and the bathroom looks way better. Excellent job! That shower curtain looks really good, and so does your tray of amenities. 

I totally understand about having to make changes as you can get them done due to time and cost. My Airbnb gets improvements all the time. 

Your Airbnb is really nice, and I'm sure with a few more small changes it will be even better. 

Thanks a lot for your words.

Yeah it’s about keeping working at it in the details and reinvest a part of the income.

But well, I'll keep working on the remaining things little by little 🙂

Thank you again @Alexandra0