No notification of new inquiry

No notification of new inquiry

Has anyone had luck getting Airbnb to reset your response score due to there being no notifications of inquiry. I have it set up to email me, text my phone AND for the app to notify me. None happened. Also I recently had a guest try to book but get so frusterated with airbnb account settings that they went with VRBO. I hope this gets straightened out. I will be checking daily from now on but I was hoping they might consider resetting my perfect score! 🙂

10 Replies 10
Carol13
Level 4
Salem, MA

I just had the same problem with no notification of a request for booking. Extremely frustrating because it would've meant a nice booking for me which I have probably now lost! 

Yes I am having the same Issues.

Not sure if they can fix it.. 

I have no email notification for over two weeks and not even a payout info.

That's very frustating.

I hope they have this under control very soon

Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Marlowe-and-Tony0 and @Carol13,

This has been a very common issue lately as you can find out more about by visiting this post: https://community.airbnb.com/t5/General-Hosting/Airbnb-Isn-t-It-Time-to-Realize-the-Issue-with-Email...

Cheers

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Ok so there is a recent glitch in the airbnb site's notifications?  I always got email inquiries and a partial text.  I did not have the airbnb app because my Windows phone wouldn't load it.  I am finding inquiries now on my phone that are not in my email which is by far the primary source I rely on to correspond and book.

It seems I am not the only one.  What's going on?  Is there an official acknowledgement from airbnb as to why this is happening and what is being done to fix it?  What sense does it make that airbnbn would stop email notifications as has been suggested elsewhere?

I hope to get an official response and explanation of problem asap . . . 

I have heard that if you are having issues with this, you can only have either your app notifications on or your text notifications on - not both.  Give that a try.

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Caroline85
Level 3
Hoboken, NJ

There are issues with notifications not coming through. Airbnb said I was the only one with the issue. Airbnb said they would not advise if they have fixed the problem. Given Airbnb make money by Hosts accepting bookings, it is a large issue. Text message are critical and should not be taken away.

Also Airbnb has changed the page so people who are inquiring, click book. This is great if they are experienced guests and do want a reservation, but if they are making an inquiry it is a great problem, as the Host only has 24 hours to accept or decline the reservation. I have spent hours walking guests through this and they then end up not completing the reservation. Today I had a student not show for an inspection for his parents - said he wanted 2 periods, I took the day off work to show him and he says he has changed his mind at the inspection time. If I had accepted his booking as Airbnb forces me to do - then he tries to cancel - there is a whole issue.

Others who book, don't provide information of the makeup of their party and again as a Host we have to accept or decline (and then are penalized) without information is very tough.

You have 24 hours to accept the booking even if the guest does not reply with the needed details. If you decline for lack of information you are penalized as a Host.

Seems the shift is way away from Hosts and entirely in the guest favor...

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Caroline85 .....Absolutely Caroline, the host is a neseccary evil to Airbnb's business these days. I have lost track of the number of seperate 'glitches' that have been mentioned on this forum over the past four months, but it does amount to dozens, and on no occasion has Airbnb made a public statement about a solitary one of them!!! Lack of SMS notifications has been one of the major ones but, has there been one word from Airbnb about this.......NO!!! I have personally been in touch with my local help centre four times this year over just this problem and on each occasion the very pleasant consultant tells me that they have reset my sms notifications but, I have not had one sms notification this year!! I have had email notifications but absolutely nothing from Airbnb on my phone.

Airbnb said you were the only one.....yeah! just look back through these posts for a month or so and form your own conclusion....As hosts, we are just not worth the effort on Airbnb's part!....cheers....Rob

How do we work together as a group to address these issues?

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Caroline85 @Gerry-And-Rashid0 Well Caroline, I had this notion that that was the job of the Forum Moderator company that Airbnb uses for its information and feedback on how the company is running. It was my understanding that they were the link between 'the world of hosting' and Airbnb. That they were set up to make Airbnb a better company by acting on the knowledge of users experiences. That they viewed all posts, and when a pattern of issues was seen to be manifesting itself, they would take these collective issues back to Airbnb, and report back to us, (their employers, or at least, the reason for their employment) with some official word on how these issues were being handled by the company and how the company could suggest we could help ourselves, either in the interim or long term.

On many occasions I have seen a moderators comment...'That is an interesting problem, I will pass it on for further consideration' (or similar), but I can't ever recall actually seeing a company response.....

So Caroline, I thought we were working "together as a group to address these issues".....but obviously, I am wrong again!! 

I know, nobody is pointing a gun at our head to do this, but when you think about it, we are a special breed of people. While 99.9% of the developed worlds population invent ways of keeping strangers out of their homes....we actually invite them in!! We actually try to bring something memorable into their lives....Companies like Airbnb are making a lot of money off our backs and our risk! It sure would be lovely if they would listen to us and support us.

As @Gerry-And-Rashid0 say...."Welcome to the world of the dodby AirBnB platform" although I like to think Gerry meant 'Dodgy' 

cheers.....Rob

Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Welcome to the world of the dodby AirBnB platform - missing bookings, missing emails, calendar dates opening and closing at will....