Payout Change - South Africa - Exchange4Free

Andrew52
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

Payout Change - South Africa - Exchange4Free

Hi Everyone,

I've seen a couple of posts on this issue but they are contradictory so just asking again in hopes of getting some clarity.

After receiving notification from AirBnB of a recent payout I received an email from Exchange4Free requesting that I complete a mandate. This is the first time I have ever heard of them and AirBnB have not made me aware that there would be any change in the payout process. Furthermore, there are no entries in the help database addressing this change.

Is this a legitimate request from Exchange4Free?

Lastly, it's one thing to make the mistake of forgetting to inform hosts of this change, but it's highly unprofessional to fail to fix the mistake by eaither emailing South African hosts after the fact or at the very least make a post in the help database to clarify the situation.

Hope I get get some clarity - thanks!

Andrew

60 Replies 60
Aesha0
Level 6
Dallas, TX

@Andrew52 I am in the US so I don't know if payout methods are different there, however I would never submit any information to a 3rd party company if you have not been advised to do so. I would screenshot the email or forward it to Airbnb to get some clarification. In instances such as this, it is best to go to the direct source for verification. Stay vigilant as there are many scammers out there. Good luck! 

Aesha 

Superhost 

Dallas, TX 

Andrew52
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

Thanks Aesha,

I'd love to do that but I cannot find an email address or a message send form on the site anywhere.

Do you possibly have an email address for me to contact AirBnB directly?

It's pretty poor that it's so diffcult to reach them for info on such an important issue.

Thanks!

Andrew

Ross22
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

Having the same issue contacting them directly other than by phone

Paul229
Level 3
Santa Barbara, CA
Andrew52
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

Paul,

Thank you! - that's very helpfull.

Def one to bookmark...

Cheers,

Andrew

Hi Andrew did you manage to confirm the change? After contacting airbnb i was told that they have not heard of Exchange4free??? I have however done the change on payout preferences but have not signed the mandate as requested. All very frustrating.

Hi Andrew did you manage to confirm the change? After contacting airbnb i was told that they have not heard of Exchange4free??? I have however done the change on payout preferences but have not signed the mandate as requested. All very frustrating.
Karen273
Level 1
Cape Town, South Africa

Hi Andrew

I received the same weird email. How did you resolve it in the end? Who did you contact? I'm desperate to find out if it's a phishing attack. 

Thanks

Karen

Liz20
Level 2
Chipping Norton, United Kingdom

My bank Invsetec think it's a phishing expedition.  Has anyone received the funds they purport to be holding?

Ross22
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

Just recieved the same request

Called San Fransico and they seem to be unaware of this, waiting for thier feedback

Ruan0
Level 1
Cape Town, South Africa

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Andrew52,

Welcome to the Community Center.

There are a couple of other discussions about Exchange4Free here in the CC. You might find it useful to take a look at these threads here and here.

I hope this helps.

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Andrew52
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

Thanks Lizzie,

I received a message from AirBnB directly which cleared everything up for me.

The whole process does seem very strange. No notification of the change, and the Exchange4Free site seems really amateur. They could have done a much better job of building a user experience.

Andrew