Payouts take too long!

Mark594
Level 1
Sacramento, CA

Payouts take too long!

My guest left on 9/28/17, and the estimated date for payout is 10/7/17.  I bank with BofA, so it is not the institution that is causing the delay.  

What do you think is a reasonable amount of time to wait, before you receive payment?

8 Replies 8
Kimberly54
Level 10
San Diego, CA

@Mark594, 30 days is standard practice, in just about every industry.

Kim
Rene-and-Zac0
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Mark594 I also have BofA and I get mine in three days tops and that’s when it’s a weekend. Check you bank routing info, 

Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

Throughout my 2+ years of hosting, I’ve never had a bank transaction take more than a couple days. 

Jann3
Level 10
Santa Rosa, CA

@Mark594, you say "my guest left on..." 

Was it your first guest? How long ago did you create your listing? Do you have a personal credit card on file on the "guest" side of AirBnB. All those things have an effect on when you get your first payment (believe it or not)

I get payment to my credit union the day after AirBnB sends it. (happy camper here!)

Jann

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Why not change to PayPal? I get mine the day after check in, always. 

@Mark594 - Actually, BofA may be delaying the deposit of your payment. Some banks do hold direct deposits and wires for a period of time, so you should check with them.  But I suspect that you are looking at the Transaction History and seeing that a guest's payout isn't being released for several days.  If it is being held, Airbnb typically provides you with a reason via email.  

https://www.airbnb.ca/help/article/425/when-will-i-get-my-payout

Oomesh-Kumarsingh0
Level 10
Pamplemousses, Mauritius

@Mark594 If payoneer is an option in your country i would advice you to register for a payoneer account via Airbnb. You will receive a mastercard from them which will enable you to withdraw cash from a virtual bank account. The speed of the transfer is amazing, it took only a few minutes for me to receive payout from Airbnb on my payoneer account. Good luck!!!

If anyone is interested to use payoneer inbox me and i will refer you and provide you all informations that you need to know. Thank you.