Question about percentages paid to property managers

Jean118
Level 4
Atlanta, GA

Question about percentages paid to property managers

Hello All and Happy New Year!  I am vetting several property managers for my 3 / 2 ABB in Atlanta

One is charging  25% commmission  PLUS cleaning fee ($95.00) and only lists on Airbnb

Another is charging 20% commission PLUS cleaning fee ($95.00)  and lists on Airbnb plus others

Is that 25% commission a bit on high end?? I suspect it is, given he only manages one platform

Jean

7 Replies 7
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

There are other factors to consider apart from price. Have you looked at the reviews and ratings that the property managers earn for their other properties? If the one who charges more gets consistent 5* ratings and glowing reviews, that might be more worthwhile than one who charges less but has lower ratings and guest complaints.

@Jean118

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Jean118  I think 25% is high.  The number I've heard most often is 20%.

I'm curious what they'll take on for that 20%.  Care to let us know how it goes?

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Jean118 no, that is not high. But I would not use a manager who lists on only one platform, particularly not if it is Airbnb.

In my area property management rates are 20% to 40%.

I agree with @Sarah977. Look at the reviews/ratings for listings your prospects are already managing, and of course check their references. (Hopefully this goes without saying.)

Dimitar27
Level 10
Sofia, Bulgaria

20-25%+ 10 Euro cleaning fee. Very expensive and ineffective service.

Jean118
Level 4
Atlanta, GA

Thanks everyone, I am going to go with one at 20% and listed on multiple platforms. THey both have positive reviews. I think it is not asking too much for someone charging 25% to at least be on more than one platform, and he doesn't sound as if he will do that anytime soon)- - so I'm going to go with the other company. . 

Quoc17
Level 1
LA, CA

Hi @Jean118 , my wife and I are looking for a property manager for our Airbnb in Atlanta but have had trouble finding many reviews online. Would you be willing to share which property managers you have been interviewing with positive reviews? 

Sure ! Reach out to Alex

Youtoocanhost.com

Here locally, Several ppl seem to be pleased with her management