I thought my eyes were deceiving me, but you can now search by listing title:

@Emilia42@Emilia42

@Debra300@Debra300

@Robin4@Robin4

6 Replies 6
Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Ann72 how about that!! I just did the same... very cool indeed. 

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Ann72  I guess this is good? I don't know. 

I do know I tried a dated search for 5 days in July in Iceland and I could not see how to click on 'entire home' it doesn't seem that this option exists anymore.  I didn't find anything, which is the same result I've had the last several searches I've done on Airbnb, I find a lot of very, very expensive places or a lot of budget places that are a shared space.  The 'middle' level--nice place, average prices-- seems never to appear unless I put in no filters at all and spend an hour or more scrolling through to find them.

I haven't done a search for our apartment since the new chaos level category 4 storm of reorganization, because why bother?  There is nothing I can do about it anyway and I come closer and closer to deciding to stop listing as of January.  We've made the target $$ for this year.  But, it's too bad and also very odd that the company itself continues to create reasons why hosts would wish to stop hosting.

Aww @Mark116 don't leave!  Although I'm laughing at "Category 4 storm of reorganization"!  Indeed, why bother.  I don't really understand hosts obsessively searching for their own listings when they are booked up - results will return places with availability - and every guest gets different results anyway, depending on past searches and stays.  I continue to be amazed that anyone ever finds my place, to be honest.  What a maze it is.  Now only time will tell if the maze is worse.  Meanwhile, I have to say I love all the pretty pictures I've been scrolling through like the Instagram fiend I am.  But my middle name is "Alfred E. Neuman," so there you go.

@Ann72 Oh I think it is objectively worse unless you have a unique property.  Too many hosts who have 'cabins' or 'lakefront' properties that have disappeared from the search results for it not to be a disaster.  You are lucky as I'm sure you realize, in that your listings are exactly the kind of place Chesky would stay.  High end, unique-ish, designer listings in rural areas are what the new algo is looking for and promoting.

It's an old adage that if you give the customer too many choices they're going to walk away.  That's how Airbnb feels to me.  Unless I am actually intending to stay at an expensive tree house or glamping farm, I don't find anything useful....which will ultimately lead me back to Expedia and Booking and VRBO, where some Airbnbs are also listed.  

But, it is typical Airbnb and if you had asked me to predict what a category redesign would look like, I would have said, it would be confusing, random, disenfranchise a lot of hosts, be poorly implemented, badly designed, glitchy, surrounded by opaque language of how to use it and generally make things worse.  And, voila, here we are.

ETA  I think we will leave, both because Airbnb has become too stressful, I don't need to feel like any day the hammer can drop on me because someone couldn't use the key or wants a free stay or saw a bee in the house, plus, rents in JC have jumped an astronomical amount, and if we're going to give up access to the first floor, we might as well make the most profit we can.  The real drawback is that if we rent to a long term tenant then we can no longer host friends and family, and we would not really have room to comfortably have people stay in our apartment, so unless we did a serious basement reno, anyone coming to visit would have to stay elsewhere, and that is a big loss.  We'll see.

You nailed it on every point @Mark116.  I'm on VRBO and though the traction-gain is very slow, it's vital to have it because of the horrific suspensions here.  But keep us posted.

@Mark116 I’m dying 🤣 over your category 4 comment, because that’s exactly what I’ve been thinking the last few days as I’ve kept half an eye on the posts here. Been breathing a sigh of relief that I don’t have to deal with all of this.