Street clean up around the Airbnb office for Earth Day

Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Street clean up around the Airbnb office for Earth Day

EA6B98A0-B891-456D-A2FC-7B52AE91171C.jpeg

Yesterday evening myself and fellow hosts from the London home sharing club @Rossana3 and @Ronda4 met up with some of the community team from the Airbnb office  @Tytti1   Alvaro, Natasha and Rebecca, to do a street and park clean-up around the office as part of Earth Day (Sorry airbnb folk, it proved too hard to tag some of you!)

The streets of East London were surprisingly clean, but we managed to find a few bags worth of rubbish, and share ideas and thoughts about Airbnb of course 🙂 

A slightly dirty evening but lots of fun!

7 Replies 7
Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Paul1255 That's awesome, thanks for sharing! Having only come back from my time off on Monday I wasn't aware of this and couldn't join, but I'll try to be there next time as it sounds like a really fun evening.

It reminds me of @Clara116 's and @Felicity11's beach cleaning experiences, turned urban 😄 I had only done park cleaning myself but the streets also need some love!

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

It was lots of fun @Emilie ! Next time you should plan in one around the cc office in west London too, that would be so good 😊 

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Paul1255 Good job you guys for cleaning up on the streets. Yes, in cities, towns there's usually some litter unfortunately. Terrific that you all came together to share connecting and talk Airbnb and pick up some litter. The best part is what you can't see happening, other people, those in houses, offices, in the park, walking and such are seeing your action and that spreads the word and idea of cleaning up - and also Not Littering. That's the best part I think, the message you are sending out to others without having to say one word. That has an impact, I'm fairly certain. The children watching or others that you don't even see, curious and asking their parents "what are they doing"? Why? 

Thanks for your action - best to you all!

Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Clara116  Hope you are well, and you’re right- I didn’t think about the impact on others seeing what we are doing! It’s definitely making a difference however small it might seem. 

Laurelle3
Level 10
Huskisson, Australia

@Paul1255 great team work, I bet you had fun, laughter and discussing what you found and picked up. Let along what happens after the challenge, drinks or a meal with friends.

Our school children when out and about on an activity, sports carnival or playground they do an Emu parade where they walk in a row and pick up any rubbish. We have been commented on when we were in a shopping car park in England when we picked up some rubbish. The people said they were impressed with the children putting rubbish in the bin when they were visiting in Australia. But sometimes this rubs off when they are adults. We all have to do our little bit for the environment.

Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

It was fun @Laurelle3  🙂 and a couple of us went out for a nice dinner after.

Ah that’s so interesting, and great the kids go along picking up rubbish, that is impressive and does make a difference 😊

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Paul1255 @Emilie @Clara116 @Laurelle3 and everyone-else

Great effort @Paul1255  and crew.

How many of you recall reading and learning The Wombles story books?

I loved reading them and are pleased they have been making a bit of a come back.

@Stephanie  and @Lizzie do you have these books and Womble Toys in your children's lives yet?