Super slow in San Francisco...

Liliya-And-Alexander0
Level 2
San Francisco, CA

Super slow in San Francisco...

It used to be booming for us in previous years... but after a break in hosting (awaiting registration from the city), this winter we barely have any bookings. Is that a general slowdown affecting all hosts? Or is it just our listing somehow is "underpromoted"  ?

2 Replies 2

@Liliya-And-Alexander0, we are in SF also. We are somewhat new to hosting, so we don't really know how busy it is supposed to be.

I looked for your listing by zooming the map to just your area, until there were only 95 listings showing.

In that list, your 2 listings were and #8 and #77.

Our pricing is being handled by Wheelhouse, so it will adjust the pricing automatically depending on how bookings are going. I have noticed that for December and January it needed to put the pricing fairly low to attract bookings, so it seems your observation of things being slow seems sensible.

I had thought with the further enforcement of the STR registration requirements in SF that the number of listings would shrink, thereby making things easier for the remaining hosts. Apparently this has not happened.

Steve-and-Anna0
Level 1
San Francisco, CA

I have had the same experience; after mid-November, almost no booking, or even inquiries. I keep adjusting my price, but still nothing. I just called Airbnb, and they sent me some links to tips on the site - mostly common sense. I'm going to try Instant Booking, and considering professional photography.  I came here wondering if others are experiencing slow down as well, and would be curious if others in SF (especially in the less known neighborhoods) may chime in. Good luck.