The Resolution Center - A Community Help Guide (Request or Offer Money)

Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

The Resolution Center - A Community Help Guide (Request or Offer Money)

-----------------Updated June 2017--------------------

An updated version of this Community Guide is now available in two new guides, Requesting money using the Resolution Center and Sending money using the Resolution Center.

------------------------------------------------------------

I see many people asking how to refund guests, charge them for extra services, or claim against damages.  Please find below a guide on how to use the Resolution Center and the different options it offers.  If this post helps you in any way, give it a "Thumbs Up".

First, to get to the "Resolution Center", go to https://www.airbnb.ca/resolutions

You will be taken to the "Resolution Center" page with a dropdown list of your past, current, and future guests.

Resolution1.png

Choose the guest in which you wish to make a resolution with.  Then "Select a Reason" from the dropdown menu.

Depending on whether the guest is a current guest, a past guest, or a future guest, the  options change.

Options for a Current or Previous Guests:

Request money to change dates or guests

Request compensation for damages

Request payment for extra services

Address personal issues with my guest

Offer partial reimbursement

Offer money to change dates or guests

Options for a Future Guest:

Request money to change dates or guests

Request payment for extra services

Address personal issues with my guest

Offer money to change dates or guests

After you have chosen the guest and the "Reason", choose "Continue" under the "Next Steps" section to the right.

If you choose "Address personal issues with my guest", you will be taken to the Airbnb "Contact" page.

If you choose "Offer money to change dates or guests" or "Request money to change dates or guests", you will be taken to the guests reservation page where you can "Change Reservation" or "Cancel Reservation"

"Request payment for extra services" option - here you would input the amount you are requesting and you can write a message to the guest.

resolution2.png

"Offer partial reimbursement" option - here you would input the amount you are offering to reimburse and you can write a message to the guest.  You can only go up to the amount of the reservation.

resolution3.png

"Request compensation for damages" option- complete the required areas.  If you have several items damaged, you can choose "Add another item" and enter in the details for each item.  After everything is entered, choose "Done adding items".

resolution4.png

After selecting "Done adding items", you will be taken to the screen pictured below where you can enter a message for the guest.  Then choose "Send request" and the guest will have receive the request.

Resolution5.png

I hope this "How To" has helped you in some way.  If so, give it a "Thumbs Up"! 

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

47 Replies 47
Deborah0
Level 10
California, United States

Thanks @Dave-and-Deb0 for another great informative post.  I am hoping that hosts using this community center will be able to find your post -- sometimes it seems that those who ask questions because they can't figure out how to do something on the AIrbnb website, also can't figure out how to or don't think to use the search function on the AIrbnb website, and thus, they may not use the search function here and find this post of yours -- but if the information is put in as many places as possible, this increases the odds that hosts will find what they need.  

Yes thanks Deborah (I would use @ sign but does not work from phone). I was thinking of making a "How To" guide on using the search function for fun and still might. There are a lot of people who post the same questions over and over again. I usually just reply with a link to other people who have already answered.

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Also, I would think the search function would use the Thumbs Up to put those posts to the top of the search results but I don't know if it is setup this way.

David

Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

Thanks @Dave-and-Deb0 Thumbs up and will book mark for future reference!

Elizabeth15
Level 2
Port Townsend, Washington, United States

Once you've clicked the "Involve AirBnB" button, how long does it normally take for them to respond?  My disgruntled guest is angrily messaging me daily, and I've seen zero response from AirBnB for several days (it's Friday now, and we escalated it on Wednesday).

Hi @Elizabeth15,

I am sorry but fortunately I have not been that far within the resolution center.  I would contact Airbnb and see if they can provide you with an update.  If you don't know how to contact Airbnb, I have the steps or the numbers listed here: https://community.airbnb.com/t5/General-Hosting/How-To-Get-the-Airbnb-Contact-Number-for-My-Area/m-p...

David

Yay! @Dave-and-Deb0 are back! Where have you been?

Haha!  Just lurking here and there.  Glad you were taking care of the fort @Clare0.

David

No! You @Dave-and-Deb0 are so good at this...you put the boys and girls in CX to shame.  They should hire you.  Missed your comments! But I tell you I'm getting tired of the repeat questions, like How do I get paid, from the newbies.  I'm getting so I just tell them to become best friends with the Help button!

Yes @Clare0, I can't believe how many people repeat questions here.  I do think the search function works quite well on this new CC, people just need to use it.

David

@Clare0, well Clare, you are correct in advising people and assisting them to find there way around the site. In the long run, that's what is required for the people with a question and the others looking on.... Deb&Dave are excellent examples of how much you can get to know when you put in the time and effort. Nice work, I can admire their replies from the comfort of home. Regards to you all, Christine.

@Christine1 Thanks.  You shoud see the long list of Airbnb help articles I've bookmarked in order to help other hosts.  Dave has a longer list which I rely on from time to time.  I wish Airbnb's Help site was more comprehensive and better organized, but for now we are going to have to rely on each other.  🙂

thanks for this - what I need to know is what happens once the guest accepts the resoluton (in our case, partial reimbursement)? Do we do an e-transfer? Does Air Bnb take care of it? How?  Thanks!

Airbnb takes care of all the transfers once they are authorised/agreed to. It's just another plus or minus to your payments and you can see them all via your site/Accounts/Transaction History.

Regards, Christine.