The Wheel of fortune!

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

The Wheel of fortune!

SDC10033.JPG

I have managed to snag a few weeks away. At my age you have to take every opportunity that comes along.

I used to worry about what I had, I don't any more, I just get what ever I can out of each day.

I notice we have all been allocated a number now, I think that's a good move....at least it might stop me getting emails destined for Robin in Asheville!

I have a few appologies and corrections to make but, it's midnight here 05/28....I will address them in the morning!

Cheers......Rob

32 Replies 32
Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

Glad you are getting bookings, @Robin4 , I am happy to wait anyway.

Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

@Robin4, glad to see you back - I was missing you! Where are you? Gold Coast? Wherever it is, hope you're having a wonderful holiday!

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Robin4 ,

You've been missed, and I'm sure I'm not alone in saying that! Glad to have you back.

Thanks,

Steph

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Stephanie 

It felt like that film, 'The Great Escape' Steph!

There I was, Paul Newman on his Triumph T60 jumping the razor wire to escape the CC pack of hounds and propel myself to the sumptuous luxury of a white beach somewhere where all I had to think about was, which red I was going to sample next, or what gastronomic delight was in store for me that evening.

Alas, all things come to an end and we go from one good thing to another.

Can't say I missed you ;-)).......but it's good to be back Steph!

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Robin4 

CC pack of hounds? If that's the case you're the leader of the pack 😉 

Broke my heart there, Rob, but I'm sure I'll cope!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

@Robin4  ahem, Steve McQueen.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Donna240 

Yeah, I know, I didn't realise it until after the editing time had elapsed...Good pick-up by you though Donna....at least I didn't call him John Wayne!!

Cheers......Rob

Susan17
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

@Robin4 

Looking very chilled there, Rob! Hope you had a fab holiday and got up to plenty of mischief! 😉

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Susan17 

A lot of our friends say they admire the way Ade and I get along, and tell me how hard it must be at times. 

I don't feel hard done by....I sort of feel I have been the lucky one! I get a lot of personal freedom which I think is important in any relationship. We need to retain our own identities.....not become some sort of communal person! 

I was very chilled there Susan, on the beach at Waikiki within a stones throw of 'Dukes' statue!

Hey, I have had a really interesting experience! For 5 weeks I did not have a single booking! For the past 18 months I have averaged around 12 bookings per month but, from the first week in April.....not a single booking! I would not say I was panicking Susan, I still had about 20 future reservations + but your experience was chipping away in my brain and I wondered if I might have been the recipient of some Airbnb retribution.

The moment I returned here the bookings started coming again.....in the last week I have had 7.....4 in one day.

I am puzzled why, for 5 weeks not a single guest would book, the views were still there but nothing beyond that. Nobody knew I was not at the helm, nothing had changed in a listing viewing sense.

I guess I just put this down to one of the great mysteries of life.

Cheers......Rob  

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Robin4 , glad to see you having a holiday, at the beach..

Re no bookings, I believe there's been a few IT gremlins in systems, some of which don't come fromABB but elsewhere.

It'll come out in the wash at some stage one would hope.

All the Best & enjoy the rest

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Helen427 

Helen, I did ring CX and ask if there was anything that I should be aware of that was affecting my sudden absence of reservations. A very pleasant Rosenel in San Francisco said she would do a bit of checking and get back to me. After 30 minutes I though she may have moved on....after all, my enquiry wasn't exactly what you would call priority stuff. But she did eventually get back to me and walked me through statistics I was not even aware of, but the bottom line was, I was not subject to some Airbnb action, either by glitch or deliberate interference. 

I thanked her very much for the time and effort she had put in and we had quite a chat. I told her I had previously been part of support and understood exactly how hard her job is, we both said our farewells. 

That afternoon I got a reservation, the next morning another and that afternoon 3 more in the space of an hour. In the week since I have been home I have picked up 8 reservations.....in the previous 5 weeks, none.....not one!

I would love to think it was just a seasonal thing, circimstances+, the views were there but just not the right time of year to book, but the season has not in actual fact changed much between last month and this month......and I am really, not so sure!!

Cheers.....Rob

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Thanks @Robin4 , have a scan of IT issue discussions including Log In & Calendar Malfunctioning & fraud whilst you were away...

Glad to see you are picking up bookings again.

All the Best

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Enjoy your hols @Robin4! 🙂 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

@Robin4 I think you should have been designated Robin1, but at least it's not 666. <}:O)

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Donna240

I would not have for a second thought there were 239 Donna's above you on the CC Donna!

You witt, your interlect and your downright good sense of judgement should have at least put you in the top ten! :-))

Cheers......Rob