The Wheel of fortune!

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

The Wheel of fortune!

SDC10033.JPG

I have managed to snag a few weeks away. At my age you have to take every opportunity that comes along.

I used to worry about what I had, I don't any more, I just get what ever I can out of each day.

I notice we have all been allocated a number now, I think that's a good move....at least it might stop me getting emails destined for Robin in Asheville!

I have a few appologies and corrections to make but, it's midnight here 05/28....I will address them in the morning!

Cheers......Rob

32 Replies 32
Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Robin4 enjoy your vacation! 🙂 

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@ Ana

Although you have those numbers 1136....crickey, how many Ana's are there on the CC I still could not tag you.

In every post I have tried to respond to this evening this tag numbering system had proven to be a failure.

I was hoping for improvement but I have been disappointed!

Thanks Ana, had a brilliant time away, I savor every day of these experiences, and with every day I just look forward to the next one! Life is pretty da*n good!

Cheers.....Rob

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

It is so lovely to see you back @Robin4. It's certainly been a busy few weeks here in the CC.

Great photo,  I like the look of those surfboards in the background, I hope you managed to get on the water! 🙂 

I hope you have had a super time. 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Lizzie

Now Lizzie, I thought this was going to be a great idea until I just tried to tag you in on this post! This is the options I got......

Tagging option 2.png

You are not there pal!! You did not come up as a taggable option!

The problem is the tagging option is time based and only offers the most recent few contributors to any particular thread a visible option.

You really should take it back to the 'back room' boys and have it so that any contributor who has been active in that particular thread is available for tagging.

Now I know what you are going to say.....sometimes there will be 200 contributors to a specific thread and trying to link them all is just not viable.  If that is the case, put a one month or 2 month limit on tagging so all relatively recent contributors have the option to tag!

Had a wonderful time away, don't want to boar people with details but I chased the sun across the Pacific thanks to some wonderful friends and a great special offer that popped up on my email.

I am reminded that I should not do these things though! Ade has taken a turn for the worse while I was away and I am going to have to devote a bit more time to her care. It has been expected for a long time but something we always hope will not eventuate. Dwelling on personal circumstances however is not good for the soul, there is always a shiny new tomorrow and I know this little 'hichup' will pass and we will get on with being Rob& Ade again!

Something quite amazing happened while I was away Lizzie! I average somewhere between  10 and 14 bookings per month but for 5 weeks I did not get a single reservation! I thought I might be being penalised the way Susan in Dublin (also can't tag) says is happening to her. But the moment I returned back to this computer, reservations started flowing back in again....I got 4 in one day!

Cold and wet weather has returned to us Lizzie, You would not possibly believe how green everything looks here now.....all in Gods world has returned to normal!

Cheers......Rob

Dear Robin

just type the name as seen, it stays grayed out until you post, and then it magically comes alive by changing colour.

regards

Cormac  

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Robin4,

Great to hear from you. I'm so pleased to hear you had such a wonderful trip and sometimes doing spontaneous things are good for the soul (well, that's what I think). 

I'm glad you bookings are up, it is funny how things come in waves sometimes (perhaps it was someone telling you to take a nice break!) 

I am so sorry to hear Ade isn't feeling great at the moment, I'm sending her a big hug and hope she will feel better soon...hopefully making another wonderful pavlova. If so, tell her to put the kettle on and I will pop over! 🙂 I hope you are ok too. 

Aw, I'm sorry you are still having difficulties with @ mentioning. I have a raised a few things with the product team working on this and so they are currently working on smoothing out a few things which aren't working as they should be. One thing to mention, if you type in the name slowly it works better, so for Susan (susan17) Susan does come up. For me, I'm a mystery, if you could try my name with a capital or lowercase first letter, can you see if that works - I have a hunch.  I'm hopeful we will have some updates on this soon. 

I'm glad the rain has arrived, it was about time. Is your gardening looking a bit happier? 

Take it easy. It's lovely to have you back.

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Lizzie 

Looking at that photo that I posted to start this thread made me realise two things!

1/.....I am getting old.

2/....The camera is the worst invention for portaying oneself!

When we look in the mirror we don't see ourselves as others do!

To me, this is a beautiful looking woman.

Beyond bank 3.png

But when she looks in the mirror, that is not the image she sees of herself. The camera has been kind to her!

Sure, when I look in a mirror this is the image I see....

Me 1.png

but this is the image that the camera takes..........and I guess the image I will be judged on!

Me 2.png

Can you see why I hate camera images of myself!

To happier things, @Cormac0  has given me the magical formula when  trying to tag others....maybe the system works ok after all. Which brings me to another point. I did make a song and dance about not being able to send special offers to prospective guests any more. Surprise, I now can! Since my return a 'Send Special Offer' box has now appeared on all communications other than confirmed upcoming bookings. I apologise if I put anyone off the track by my posts!

Ade is not good just now, another attack has robbed her of a bit more of her independence and liberty. As fast as I remove bricks off that wall of isolation that MS builds around her, a few more get cemented in place.  She will be ok, this attack will pass, we have been through a few in the past and know now what to expect! You roll with the punches after a while!

If you could see this hills country now Lizzie you would not believe the change. A bit of rain has breathed new life back into it. Time has come for me to get stuck into the garden and make a few plans for next spring. I have a wedding to plan for!

Cheers......Rob

Looking good @Robin4  🙂 Have fun~~ 

@Jessica0&Henry

Yeah, I always look good Jess. Life still has a few good treats for me.....:-))

I would love a bit of your warmer weather Jess, the cold of winter certainly has decended on us.

The problem for us males is, the older we get the larger our ears grow! 

I am at the age where my ears don't cope well with a South Aussie hills winter....they are bloody freezing!!!

Cheers.....Rob

Edit:  Sorry Jess, I have tried to tag you but....it just doesn't work. Tagging tonight has been a complete nightmare, in fact I can't ever remember it being this ineffective.......I can't seem to tag anyone I want to!!

Rachel0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Robin4Good  to see you back again, I hope you had a great holiday.  Count yourself lucky that you got a number - I got missed out and am still wondering why.  Maybe I am just unique enough without one!!

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Rachel0

Ahhhhhh, even with this number stuff I still can't tag you!!!

Rachel, you don't need a number.......your number one just as you are!

Cheers......Rob

Edit: A tag option did not come up but, it seems to have found you anyway!

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Robin4 

I just wondered where you dissapeard:) Enjoy your vacation

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

Don't know where you are, but it's nowhere round here, we have sleet at the moment! White sand, waves, palms? Velvety breezes brushing bare arms? Definitely not Daylesford then.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Sandra126 

Oh I have returned to it in bucket loads here Sandra. I went down to Adelaide today and the temp guage in the car registered 9c in town and 5c here in the hills and with the wind chill factor  it could not have been far above zero!

For a couple of reasons the project I had in mind and put to you, Kath, Suzie, Cathie I have had to put back to the end of summer....late February early March 2020. Houseboat bookings have filled up the calendar this year and it is not going to happen I am afraid. I can't even get a week on it myself!

I bet there are a few snowflakes around Daylesford at the moment, I noticed even Mt Macedon got a dusting today......Oh, ski season, bring it on!

Cheers.....Rob