Unable to request reference

Vinni0
Level 2
Gurgaon, India

Unable to request reference

I am unable to request references from people. The page of request reference doesn't show any link. Please help.

43 Replies 43
Pei1
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

same problem

Chris424
Level 1
New York, NY

Same here 😞

How do I request a reference from someone who is not on Facebook?

When I go to Request Reference section, it asks me to link my Facebook friends.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Chris

Wendy-and-Frank0
Level 10
Stonington, CT

Go to Profile.

References is right there beneath Reviews.

Mine doesn't. It only shows two tabs. "References about you" and "references by you". There is no "request reference" tab. Its frustrating!

Me too.

Wendy-and-Frank0
Level 10
Stonington, CT

I hit SEND to soon.

There is no link.  All your Facebook friends who are already registered with ABB will show up.  Ask them for a reference and then be ready to start bugging your friends to write it.

Hey Wendy

Thanks for your response!

But what if I don't/or my firend doesn't use Facebook?

Can you only receive reference from people who are on facebook?

Thanks,

Chris

when I send a fb request 

my friend says there's no request .

fo the requests expire ?

also I'm trying to respond to a request sent to me a long time ago but when I click on the request it just goes to their profile and there's no box to write the reference in 

So, if I understand it correctly, there is currently NO way to request a reference without having everything go through facebook. I do not have facebook, and it is a personal choice; similarly, Airbnb can add a level of trust with Linkedin, but only with full access to all contacts, which, as CEO of a startup, I can't give up that carelessly. I am OK however, if Airbnb could just display the amount of contacts that I have there.

The idea would be to get references from select people I know, which *are* established in the Airbnb network, but without having to make everything go through facebook or go completely naked on Linkedin.

I just wanted to write this down here so it would appear on future Google requests about that question: references on Airbnb are currently impossible to get without facebook (May 2017).

Thanks! 🙂

Wendy, I know this is an old discussion but I'm hoping you can shed some light. In my profile references section I'm only seeing two tabs:

References About You  ... References By You

But there is a screenshot on this helpful page that clearly shows three tabs:

Request References ... References About You  ... References By You

Why is my tab missing, Request References?

(P.S. I have screenshots, but image uploads here appear to be hopelessly broken.)

Here is the screenshot with the missing Request References tab.

Hi Bob, same issue here.. 

Can anyone help about this?

Same problem... I'm trying to leave a reference for a new member, but cannot. The third tab is missing both from his account and from mine. I've done this before a few years ago, but now its not working. Has Airbnb deleted the possibilty of leaving references?? Can someone please help?