We had a good run...

Susan869
Level 6
Lupton, United Kingdom

We had a good run...

So what star do you think from someone who wrote ;

“convenient location - just off M6. We stayed with our 10 week old baby. Large comfortable bedroom so easy for our daughter to sleep close by us.”

private feedback

“Thank you for a lovely stay - great stop with our 10 week old baby”

After a good run of 17 5 star, it was bound to happen... but a late arrival to break up a long journey was never going to be fantastic, had the best time of our lives was it?

the previous person to leave a 4 star was someone who didn’t even stay as it was for her parents.

But do you know what, I’m ok with it... I’m not upset, worried or anything anymore...I’m not going to chase 5 stars for such a subjective thing, everyone is entitled to their opinion. I know what I provide and if they don’t want it go elsewhere, I know I give a good service. So my reaction.... put up my minimum price by a couple of pounds a night

3 Replies 3
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Good reaction, @Susan869!!  I like your thinking. 😄

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

This reminds me of my friend who just bought a beautiful, immaculately-painted brand new truck, gets home and throws a heavy tool box in the back, scratching it, and says: "There, so I no longer worry about looking so perfect that I will worry about every little scratch'.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Susan869

Ata girl...... just get on with it and be that great host. Five stars forever is just not on the cards, just concentrate on the next 17 straight five star reviews you are going to get!

Some guests just never give 5 stars...that sort of perfection doesn't exist to them! OK, I can handle that, Airbnb can't, but I can.

I get cross about 'location'! @Fred13 needs to move 'Bird Island' a bit closer to the mainland in order to get a 5 star. Surely someone in programming needs to re-think Location, give a comment box for it, but not a star rating. Please only star rate hosts on something they have some control over.

Value annoys me because I would have to give my listing to a few guests I have had to get a 5 star for that, but I guess it is an acceptable category.

This one got under my skin because the guest went out of their way to tell me how good the stay had been but, unfortunately a google map of the exact address plus a street view of the house sent to their phone in a well posted street of less than 150 metres in length with less than 30 houses in total was insufficient identification to gain an overall 5 star.....I am almost surprised they managed to find the town let alone the property

Star rating 4.png

This is not an apartment block, a condo developement, not even a duplex! It's just a well documented cottage in the rear garden of a private residence.....A knock on the front door generally does the trick, or a keybox code with instructions on where and how to access for a self check-in has proved to be perfectly adequate to others. But someone felt that was insufficient and reckoned the overall needed to be a 4 star because of it!

So Susan just roll with it and comfort yourself in the knowledge that it doesn't happen often to a host of your calibre.

Cheers......Rob