Weekend Pricing: A Community Help Guide

Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Weekend Pricing: A Community Help Guide

-----------------Updated June 2017--------------------

An updated version of this Community Guide is now available, click here to view.

------------------------------------------------------------

Many hosts charge more for weekend pricing than during the week.  Instead of having to go through each weekend on your calendar and changing the price, you can set a weekend rate which will be applied as dates open up on your calendar and will replace your base price with your weekend price on Fridays and Saturdays.  

Step 1: Click on "Host" and then "Manage Listing".  You will then want to choose "Manage Listing and Calendar" to edit your listing.

manage listing 2.png

Step 2: On the left hand menu, choose "Pricing" and then scroll down to the "Additional Pricing Options" section.  Check the "Weekend Pricing" box and then enter the amount for your nightly weekend price.

weekend pricing.png

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

5 Replies 5
Dev4
Level 10
Toronto, Canada

@Dave-and-Deb0

I have weekend pricing set as per the guide and it does not work. The smart pricing supercedes weekend pricing. I manually set pricing for the weekend in order to make sure that the higher charges are reflected. 

Hi @Dev4,

I am sorry for the confusion.  When you have Smart Pricing enabled, the prices, including weekends are overridden by Smart Pricing.  This is also covered in the article which covers Smart Pricing: https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1168/smart-pricing--set-prices-based-on-demand.  It states that, "Once you turn on Smart Pricing, your prices will be automatically updated within the parameters you set. Smart Pricing works for all open nights on your calendar, and you can still set custom prices for specific days."

If you wish to have Smart Pricing, you need to go into your calendar and override all your weekends manually and then they will stay locked in.  For this reason, as a fellow host, I do not use Smart pricing as I like to have full control of my pricing.  

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

@Dave-and-Deb0

Thanks Dave & Deb for the reply. I have used smart pricing with limited success. Have you tried prices available in the market place such as Beyond Pricing, etc. 

No I have not @Dev4.  Have you?  If so, I would love to hear your thoughts.  

David

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for your participation here. I just wanted to let you know that there is now an updated version of this Community Guide, click here to view.

I will now close this topic for new posts. 

Thank you,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.