When guests leave sex toy packagings on the floor and a messy flat

Emma-and-Jonathan0
Level 1
Reading, United Kingdom

When guests leave sex toy packagings on the floor and a messy flat

I found it insulting, gross and a bit of a violation of my space- am I over reacting?

2 Replies 2
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

If they violated your house rules in any way, this should be reflected in your review.  You could for example write that you were disappointed with the state in which they left your place.  That should be sufficient to warn other hosts.

Nancy2
Level 6
Sacramento, CA

When you are renting you are going to find that as well as condom packaging, lube stains and evidence of sex.  Just part of hosting in my opinion.  Whether the packaging was in the trash or on the floor I suppose you would have seen it anyway.  I'm not sure what you could put in your listing to discourage this that wouldn't come off in a negative way.  But maybe others will have some idea.

Leaving the space messy certainly can and should be in their review either publically or privately.  But I would not comment publically on their type of trash as that would somehow come across as trying to shame.  All negative type reviews read best when not emotionally driven.  Just the facts....