Why can't I see my listing in the Search Results? A Community Help Guide

Why can't I see my listing in the Search Results? A Community Help Guide

Hello,

Questions regarding "Lisiting not appearning in Search Results" are very common and I'd like to share some reasons why this could be happening and how you can view your listing on searching.

Before getting to the details, it is important to understand how search results are determined. The linked article talks about how Airbnb's complex ranking system uses different factors to reward hosts that deliver a great experience to guests. Focus on these factors to optimize your listing.

Let's understand why you might not be able to see your listing in the Search Results:

1) Your location might have more than 300 listings. For ease of display, Airbnb only displays 300 listings at a time and thus some listings, beyond 300, might not appear during a general location search without any filters.

However, if you make use of the multiple search filters that Airbnb has to offer (like Dates, No. of Guests, Room type, Price Range etc.) then you can perform a more specific and narrowed down search which might reduce the search results and your listing will then show up if it matches the filter criteria.

*Please note that, most guests make use of the filters while searching for a vacation home.

123.JPG

2) You can also make use of the map by zooming in closer to your location if your looking at a very large area. Use the '+' button to zoom in and '-' to zoom out. Reducing the area will further reduce the results and you will be able to see your listing. Don't forget to click on the "Redo Search Here" button on the top.

121.JPG

If your listing still continues to not appears,

3) Check if it is "Listed" and not in the "Delisted" mode. To do this, visit your Dashboard >> Your Lisitng >> Manage Listing and Calendar. Expand the Menu options by clicking on the grey icon with 3 horizontal bars on the left top. Look up at the bottom of the Menu that emerges to see if your listing is active. It should appear as "Listed" with a green dot. If it doesn't click on the drop down menu and change it to listed.

11.JPG

4) Still can't see it? Ask the Community to see if any of the members are able to see it on searching with relevant filters.

aqa.JPG

4) Yet no luck? Please get in touch with Airbnb and they shall definitely resolve your problem.

Happy Hosting 🙂

Jeet

Updated - additional information added:

For hosts searching for your Instant Book listing@Clare0 has created a great guide here in the Community Center sharing an overview of how this works. To view her guide take a look here

217 Replies 217
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Jeet0 good job! I'm getting so tired of answering this question!

Thanks @Clare0. Do suggest edits if required or any additions.

Can't find my listing with check in/out date or private room filter.

The only case I could find was when I just put location with no date or filter.

In addition, the only time I could see my listing, price was not correct. How can I fix this problem?  Never happened before....

i have same problem, search and search and search, but my property never shows up on any of my searches, with filters applied, or deselected randomly.  checked the listing to make sure the filters match up to my features, and still, on any search I ever do, I NEVER find my own property.  very frustrating

fix the problem and you wont have to answer the question. typical **bleep**ty customer service attitude 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Absolutely fantastic Jeet. This is wonderful to see, thank you so much for doing this. 🙂 

I will of course add this to the Community Help Guides section alongside Dave's guides. 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Thanks for adding it Lizzie, could you delete the last part addressed to you, or that's fine?

Good day 🙂

Jeet

@Clare0 @Jeet0 @Lizzie

Why can't I see my listing in the Search Results

Thanks for your instructions and overview.

BUT,  I cannot see my listing in search results because AIRBNB has a glitch that has been ongoing for 3 months and so my listing has rarely appeared thus I have lost well over 50% of my business this year.

Right now my listing is not showing for June, July and August as confirmed by Airbnb and as confirmed it is an AIRBNB glitch

In my experience often a problem is a glitch and not a hosts inability to navigate the airbnb website or understand their ranking system.

Thank you

I'm VERY new here, have been trying for 4 days to find my listing in searches, talked to 3 different Airbnb team members, emailed 2x, deleted older account & started new...but I may have stumbled upon a fix for this 'glitch'.

On the page as host where you edit, the box that should say 'listed' with a green dot (mine showed that, btw) I decided to click 'snooze' and set it to snooze for one day. Then I switched it back to 'listed' and voila! My listing is in the searches! Just call me One Determined Newbie!

This worked for me also and I only let it snooze for an hour. Thanks Sandra!

I'm curious if you - one determined newbie - developed your listing and account on a non-traditional browser?  I saw somewhere that listings can come and go quite easily on different browsers.  Safari and Mozilla being ones that usually don't have problem.  Anyhow, just curious.  

I'm having the same issue and am using safari. Still can't find it despite these recommendations. 

omg... thank you. i am going to try this!!!

Sandra ~ this is brillilant. I spent over 2 hours trying to figure out why my listing wasn't showing...no guests for well over a month! And you had such the simple answer. I think the 'snooze' option is relatively new. I hadn't seen it before. You were either listed or unlisted. You should share this solution with the Airnb folks so that They can post it to help out with the many others having 'Lost Listings'!! Thanks and welcome to the community!!  ~ Joyce, a 2 year member.