having a problem with inquiry, the possible guest keeps asking for the price?!

Tarna0
Level 2
Umag, Croatia

having a problem with inquiry, the possible guest keeps asking for the price?!

am I going crazy?! 

first of all it seems that airbnb is having sm issues for the last 2days, always sm kind of error/try again later?

then, the "possible guest" keeps on asking how much money do you want? more discounts and so on...

tried to block him but

the options are like made for reporting hosts/ not the actual potential spammer or how would you call it

oh gosh

thanks

6 Replies 6
Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Tarna0 There is no way to block a guest before they've booked anymore. I would just tell them the price displayed by Airbnb is correct, and you're not able to offer any further discount. If they continue to contact you, just ignore their messages.

thank you Alexandra, was a bit worried, 'cause I know that previously there was an option, to block such sort of people from demanding sorta of alice in wonderland kind of stuff ;D

best regards from Croatia!

@Tarna0 Thanks! Hope it all works out for you, and happy hosting!

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Tarna0  "Sorry, but I don't offer discounts, as my place is very good value for what I provide. Best of luck finding a place within your price range."

Joy298
Level 10
Sydney, Australia

Don't provide low-ball price. The only 4-star for value I've received was from a backpacker who paid the lowerest rate.

Only set the price you are really comfortable with. If the guests are not happy then it's definitely not the place for them.

Moira21
Level 8
Bispham, United Kingdom

@Tarna0  Hi, if you want rid of the pest of a potential guest, send a 'Special Offer' for twice the price!!