the new airbnb has destroyed my 9 year collaboration with them.

Natasha-and-John0
Level 10
Cornville, AZ

the new airbnb has destroyed my 9 year collaboration with them.

I was one of the first airbnbs in the sedona region, last month i made 6k, which is great to raise my young children with. Then they changed the site and I have a one night booking for the month of June, when i should be slam dunked busy. They basically fired me with no notice.

20 Replies 20
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Sorry to hear this. I've received no bookings and very few visitors since they changed their algorithms.

airbnb is just one marketing channel you can use  @Natasha-and-John0  So I would focus on the other listing channels you use .

Worth also going into your listing to review the settings in case Airbnb has done something that's affecting your bookings? 

Hi,
We had a similar experience.

We had 99% occupancy rate for the year and since the update no bookings and no views.

I finally called Airbnb today and the operator confirmed that my list is invisible.

She could not find it and recommended to snooze the listing for a moment and list it again.

I was told it may take 24 hours to see a change.

Just though I share my experience.

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

interesting info! 

Natasha-and-John0
Level 10
Cornville, AZ

Thx I went through my listing looking for additional boxes to click but I am still lacking response. I am usually completely booked for almost every day and now the month of June is wide open. People all over the world are losing their livelihood over night with no response from Airbnb. I will try calling everyday.

Which other platforms do you list on???.

No-one should lose their livelihood overnight if you can't list on one platform when there are so many other channels you can use to market your STR business @Natasha-and-John0 

As I said this has happened to me too so I share your frustration but no business should rely on one marketing channel for their business - it's far too risky.

Grace462
Level 2
Bremen, ME

My booking are way down as well.  I have 2 Airbnbs.  The one with a 2 month minimum does not show up in a map search of the area unless specific dates of at least 2 months are given.  You can use flexible for trips of a weekend, a week or a month-  but not longer.....  and they say they want to promote longer stays!!!

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Grace462 

A listing with a minimum stay of 2 months will indeed only show up as described by you. But this is the same as in the "old" release (so it has not changed). With option "flexible" It will not show up, as 1 month is the maximum for a flexible search (alse same in the "old" release).

So actually nothing has changed.

The major inconvience is that "flexible" is now set as default in the search page,making it more complicated for "not flexible" guests (which IMO are the majority) to navigate.

It actually used to show up if I put in no dates before and zoomed the map to the area.  Now no dates is not an option.

Rosemary325
Level 2
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom

I too have low bookings for the season, and the quality of the bookings and number of non vetted enquiries has increased

John6257
Level 2
Crewe, United Kingdom

Hi @Natasha-and-John0 sorry to hear about this. I too have been experiencing extremely low bookings this month and sometimes it's almost as if my listing is invincible. I hope they fix this issue quickly. By the way @Helen3 I'd like to get some guidance from you please as I'm quite new to AirBnB. 1. How do I set up the price for separate rooms in my house (not just extra charge for an additional guest in one room)? 2. How do I add additional pictures to what I currently have as it's not letting me do this? 3. Where do I find my AirBnB hosting private link? 4. Where else other than booking.com can I advertise my listing? Thank you so much. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

1.  You set up a listing for each room and then choose pricing 

2. If you can't change when you go into the photography section, look at the Airbnb Help website it has lots of FAQs on how to run your listing on Airbnb

3. It's on your listings when you log on as a host 

4. I don't know it depends on your area and type of listing and your target market . You would need to do some market research to identify which  

suitable channels are available 

@John6257 

John6257
Level 2
Crewe, United Kingdom

Thank you very much for your kind response and tips Helen. 

When I do a search using the new CATEGORIES, our house does not show up.  We are BEACH, BEACHFRONT, and AMAZING VIEWS, and we do not appear in these searches.  The only way to find our listing is if you know the town we are located in.  Then, we appear.  I've been in chatting with the Help people on 2 different days this week, and they assure me their engineers are working on my listing, but no change after 6 days.  Your advice is greatly appreciated.