Change in payout method in South Africa? AirBnB Reporting Mandate for 2016? exchange4free.com?

Rowan3
Level 2
Cape Town, ZA

Change in payout method in South Africa? AirBnB Reporting Mandate for 2016? exchange4free.com?

Hi all, 

I've been contacted by exchange4free.com to sign an AirBnB Reporting Mandate for 2016 so they can process the payment to me. 
This is the first i've heard of it an not via AirBnB directly which makes me suspect to engage with them in any way. 

Is this legit?

Cheers, 

Rowan

32 Replies 32
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

BnB pay you directly- why would they need a third party organisation to process payments for them? Report to BnB straight away.

Thanks, thats what i thought... i cant find any contact details for AirBnB directly so it seems that posting on these comunity pages is my only way to raise my concerns. 

Zelda3
Level 1
Cape Town, South Africa

Same here. We were contacted also by Exchange4free a few days ago and so far the expected funds have not been deposited. It was always by EFT direct payment on to our account. I've also tried contacting Airbnb to no avail. Everyone though seems to say the same thing: Airbnb pays directly, no third party. However, it strange that suddenly Exchange4free know that we have an impending payment, the exact amount and all other details apparently. No prior announcement, no warning - nothing. What is one supposed to do?

Yep, all very odd, i asked exchange4free for some kind of offical proof and havent had any response. 
And, still waiting for my payout : ( 

Zelda3
Level 1
Cape Town, South Africa

It really is very strange....

Hi all,

Any word on this? I have the same thing, a payment notification and then an email from a third party company exchange4free that has issued instructions. It's bizarre that Airbnb has not emailed me to tell me to use exchange4free.

very weird!

Stuart27
Level 1
Plettenberg Bay, South Africa

Same here, following this and awaiting a response from the very annoyingly not directly contactable AirBnb!
Rowan3
Level 2
Cape Town, ZA

Hi All, 

I managed to get through to AirBnB, and recived a call and an email confirming that this IS legitimate. 
There should have been an email sent which was not for some reason. 
An update to payout preferences is needed to select this new payout direct to bank via Payoneer and exchange4free to be able to recieve payouts without the bank fees attached. 
Here is the email to confirm: http://cl.ly/0S0O0V1u0o0w

Cheers, 

Rowan

Nabeela0
Level 1
Cape Town, South Africa

Hi! Does anyone have a copy of the document that we need to fill in for exchange4u? Air b n b has emailed me multiple times to fill in the document but echange4u has never emailed it no me

Regards
Nabeela
Sune0
Level 2
Hermanus, South Africa

hi Rowan

I am interested to know whether you have received payment after completing the Exchange4Free form? Your response would help me a lot. Many thanks, Sune

Hi Rowan

Is your payment reflecting in your account yet?

I received the same email from exchange4free, and when I spoke to Jacob at airbnb yesterday, he said he had never heard of this.

I also spoke to my bank, who said that the payment is not showing in my account yet, and the normal process is that it comes into my account, and then I phone to release it/release it online...

Odette9
Level 1
Cape Town, South Africa

Hi Rowan, Would you mind sharing an email address or telephone number for AirBnB? I would like to opt out of receiving payments via Exchange4Free. Should there be a dispute with Exchange4Free, it will be handled under U.K. law - quite a costly dispute! many thanks, Odette

Johnny30
Level 1
Johannesburg, South Africa

Hi Rowan,

Thanks for the update!

So just confirming this isnt a phishing scam?

I'm new to platform so just hoping I get my first payout on the 1st of Feb.

Thanks man,

Johnny