Change booking issue

Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

Change booking issue

I don't know if this will make sense to anyone, but here goes.  I need to change a confirmed booking from one listing to another (I have two versions of the same listing, one is for 1 bed only, and the other is for 3 with different max occupancies). In the "change" window, I select the other listing and click save, then go to update the guest count, but it is limiting the guest count to the original listing max of 2 people (the guest originally booked the 1 bed version for herself and hubby, but is now bringing 3 other family members.)  This means I will have to send two change requests to the guest, one to update to the other listing with new price, and  then another one with updated guest count. I have done this the other way around with no issues, but now it's not working. Am I just having a brain f*rt?

4 Replies 4
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Colleen253 

Yes, you need to do it two steps.

This my view on this:

Changing the listing will actually mean a new booking, it is not just an update on the current booking.

After the new booking is settled, the next change can update options related to this listing.

It works the other way round, as the "old" listing allows decrease of amount of guests.

But increase only works if the max. setting is read form the new listing, which is not performed at the moment of entering the change of listing.

Thanks @Emiel1. That makes sense!

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Colleen253 I just tried this on my end and got the same results. It could be because the guest has not yet "accepted" the change to the new "listing." So the rules for the current listing apply. 

@Emilia42 Thanks for confirming on your end the same. I think you’re right.