Igloohome with Airbnb connect

Answered!
Simon3380
Level 2
Lesquin, France

Igloohome with Airbnb connect

Hello everybody

I use the Igloohome mobile app linked with a smart keybox 3.

I connected the app through my Airbnb account and now the airbnb connect is activated in the igloohome app.

My need is to DON'T send an automatic message with PIN code igloohome through Airbnb in certain cases.
Sometimes I want to give directly the keys to my guest. But most of the time it will be through the keybox.

By default in the section "add and manage" > "property" it's configured to send the message 24h before the arrival of the guest.

Today I can configure reservation by reservation to send the automatic message from 1h before the arrival to 48h.

But unfortunately, to answer to my need, there is no option "not send message" there.

I want to keep the Airbnb connect activated all the time with my Igloohome because most of the time, the guest will enter like that. But sometimes, I want to "break" this automatic process and give the keys manually to the guest, welcome him and so ... DON'T send the automatic message from the template with lookups and PIN code inside.

I already sent message to the igloohome customer service, they answered the point is in airbnb's hand, because it's airbnb who send the message to the guest with the PIN generated.

I hope you understand and maybe you have some tips or suggestion to give me about that ?

Thanks
1 Best Answer
Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

I don't use it @Simon3380 but until you find a solution with Igloo I would simply say in my message to the guests who you'll be meeting that they can just ignore any message or code they get from Igloohome.  You can elaborate on that a little when you meet them so they don't go on thinking they need the code during their stay.

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6
Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

@May1 @Dzidra-and-Ronald0 @Melinda35 @Malin4 @Vivien13 @Robb6 @Sophia-and-Matt0 @Diane305 @Max241 @Cove-View-Cottage0 @Cheryl409 

Hi everyone, I can see you've used Igloohome before, and I was wondering if you could help your fellow Community member above with any tips? 

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hi Jenny, 

Sure. What kind of tips are ypu looking for? I've been using the keybox 3 and deadbolt for about 4 years now and love them.

Hi Robb6

thanks for your answer. And Jenny too. 

Did you see my previous message ? And my need ?

It’s to don’t send automatically the PIN code igloohome in some cases. I know we can manage the time from 1h before the arrival to 48h. But how we can DON’T send the message ? If for example I want to open the door and give to my guest the keys myself. 

How you manage that on your side in this situation ?

thanks for your help. 

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

I don't use it @Simon3380 but until you find a solution with Igloo I would simply say in my message to the guests who you'll be meeting that they can just ignore any message or code they get from Igloohome.  You can elaborate on that a little when you meet them so they don't go on thinking they need the code during their stay.

Thanks Ann72. Indeed it can be a solution.

One of the many things I love about the French @Simon3380 is their pragmatism.  🙂