Schlage Encode Integration Monthly Fee??

Schlage Encode Integration Monthly Fee??

Paid dearly for the Schlage Encode specifically for the Airbnb integration... now I find out it's only possible through a third party who charges a monthly fee?! Someone please tell me I'm missing something here! 

5 Replies 5
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Did it not mention anywhere a monthly fee when you signed up to using this third party service @River83 

I purchased 2x Schlage Connect locks and a Wink Hub. Used it remotely for 2 years but now Wink is asking for a subscription $4.99/month to operate it remotely. Not happy. 

Jermain40
Level 4
St. Louis, MO

I personally have the basic Schlage with programmable keypad. I have two units and have no problem adding and deleting the access codes every-time a guest arrives and leaves. It really only takes 30 seconds to do it manually.  I can see having the integration if you have several units, but only 1 or 2 I don't think its necessary. 

This would be fine for someone that is close to their rental property.  Manually doing it would be fine.  We are 3.5 hours away.  So it is a must that we have one we can program using Wi-fi.    I know I bought a Lockstate lock that did NOT say anywhere on the package that there was a monthly fee.  Only when you go to the website in the instructions.  It then tells you its $3 a month to access your lock from the internet.   I thought that was pretty shady business.   It should clearly be mentioned on the box. Prior to spending $$$ on a lock.   At least give you the first year free or something with the purchase of the lock.  

@River83 

Why would you pay Schlage for that integration?

Just go ahead and integrate your Schlage to RemoteLock and pay the $9 a month for the integration.