We are refurbing our home to host as an Air BnB host and wondered if in addition to the Home Safety Checklist, whether we need to give consideration to fitting 'fire doors

Answered!
Karen3542
Level 1
Portishead, United Kingdom

We are refurbing our home to host as an Air BnB host and wondered if in addition to the Home Safety Checklist, whether we need to give consideration to fitting 'fire doors

Does anyone have advice on the need for fire doors. we have read through the safety checklist and can't see a reference to whether fire doors are needed?

1 Best Answer
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

You need to have fire doors for HMO's but I am not sure whether you need them for short term rentals in the UK. @Karen3542 

It might be worth you checking with the English Tourist Board pink book. Or joining PASC the UK organisations for short term rentals. 

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

You need to have fire doors for HMO's but I am not sure whether you need them for short term rentals in the UK. @Karen3542 

It might be worth you checking with the English Tourist Board pink book. Or joining PASC the UK organisations for short term rentals. 

Michael7797
Level 2
West Mersea, United Kingdom

If you Own, Manage, Maintain or Market a ‘Holiday Property’ for ‘short term’ rental do you have a clear understanding of the applicable Fire Safety Law and Your Legal Responsibilities under the Fire Safety Order as the Responsible Person?  Do you comply with the FSO and other applicable Legal requirements?

You have a legal responsibility to comply with Fire Safety Law, Regulatory Reform Fire Safety Order 2005, if ‘any Persons’ pays monies to You or Business, to stay in your property.  This includes Houses, Cottages, Flats, Out-Buildings, Caravans, or other Habitable spaces that you Hire / Rent for a ‘short-term’ financial contractual arrangement.  

If you do not have a clear understanding of your Legal Responsibilities, I could help You / Your Business with providing the required Fire Safety information and documentation and a clear understanding of your Legal Responsibilities (Fire Safety) to ultimately maintain a Safe Environment for your Guests and enable You to satisfy the requirements of the Fire Safety Order and other applicable Legislation.

These Laws are implemented to ensure that as the Responsible Person You are doing everything that could be reasonably expected of You to Prevent Fires, Protect Life Safety of your ‘paying guests’ and safeguard your property from any incidents that may occur.

You may need to be able to present to a Court that you satisfied Your requirements of the Fire Safety Order and associated Legislative requirements. These are Legal duties that if found to be Negligent could impose serious consequences upon You.

For a deductible Business / Taxable Expense, variable costs upon individual requirements, Bespoke or Generic packages, can you afford not to employ Professional Fire Consultancy Services.  I offer a free, no-obligation quote, completely transparent with costs and provide choice.

**[Contact details & advertising removed -  Community Center Guidelines]

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Hi @Michael7797 ! I appreciate you trying to raise awareness for fire safety issues. It's incredibly important that everyone complies with the fire safety regulations in their area and country.

That being said, please keep in mind the Community Guidelines when interacting on the CC as advertisement is unfortunately not allowed. You are, however, more than welcome to share your knowledge on fire safety and what Hosts need to do to comply. 🙂

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen