What kind of modern amenities do you offer?

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

What kind of modern amenities do you offer?

Quincy_0-1665671893667.png

Hello everyone!

Most guests don't come to your home to sit inside all day long, though this, of course, depends on what kind of stay you're offering. Having said that, some people still like to make themselves comfortable in the evening or seek relaxation after a long walk or any other activity.

For many, a TV and fast and reliable Wi-Fi are among the basic equipment, though I'm aware this is can not always be provided as some Hosts offer an off the grid stay. However, perhaps there are also Hosts that are very much into technology, and for instance use smart/AI equipped devices in their homes 🤖.

Do you have any devices that control everything from lights all the way to the TV in your home? Do you also offer your guests to make use of them?

I'd love to hear from you!

Quincy

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

55 Replies 55
Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Quincy  With guests that range widely in ages, we have found that simple and basic is best.  So no frills beyond the cable TV remote.  We get enough calls from those who can’t make that work.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Lorna170, thanks for sharing this! I've kept my home quite basic as well in terms of technology 😃 

-----

Gillian166
Level 10
Hay Valley, Australia

@Quincy  I just installed an led strip in one of our bathrooms, you know the type of thing every genZ girl has in her bedroom.... so far 2 guests have been unable to fathom it! 

However, to restore faith in the notion of a "tech savvy" future we also offer our guests a mini projector (we don't have TVs) and of the 3 guests who have borrowed it, zero issues. We don't provide even a manual for the thing, and guests have been able to work it out. 

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Well, thankfully, they've been able to work that out @Gillian166! 🙏 

-----

Hello Gillian166 is The LED for the mirror?

Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

@Quincy 

I gave up the amount off electronic gadgets we have gone through over the years all eventually broken, no more.

We have good wifi and a smart TV's, a couple of months ago the internet company offered us a TV box for Free so ok put it in, another remote to confuse them, Im not joking we had a guest messaging me how to work it, 

@Sudsrung0  none of us are paid enough to do tech support over the phone for remote control use!!  

@Gillian166 

I remember 2 couples renting one of our villas, 10-30 at night messaging us how to turn the kitchen lights off, 

Digna-And-Boele0
Level 1
Sant Feliu de Guíxols, Spain

Keeping it simple as well. Smart tv and fast wifi. No other gadgets for my guests.

We do have smart electricity metering so we can keep an eye on how much electricity people use. When there is nobody in the apartment we can remotely switch things off.

have been thinking of adding smart lock as well… anyone has experience with this?

Where did you buy such meter?

We love our smart locks and even added for our own doors, they have a key option too.

We keep simple too...:)

Our smart lock works great and easy for the guest too:)

We have smart locks and they are amazing. No need to meet the guests if you don't want to . Everything is on auto pilot. Smart TV with Netflix and Roku.

Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

@Quincy 

I have problems getting guest to turn off the A/C when they go out,