Next CC Social online meetup: Thursday June 30

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Next CC Social online meetup: Thursday June 30

Quincy_0-1656001285954.png

Hi everyone, 

I hope you're well and that you're all looking forward to the weekend. It has been a while since the last CC social meetup, and so the time has come for one to be held 😊.

Tea, coffee, beer, wine, feel free to join along with your favourite beverage, and perhaps a little snack at hand 🍪

Our next meetup will take place on Thursday 30 June, 2PM (BST - UK time).

Timezones for anyone not in the UK:

Thursday June 30th, 8AM (Pensacola/Kansas City, USA)

Thursday June 30th, 9AM  (New York / Toronto, USA/CA)

Thursday June 30th, 10PM (Seoul, KO)

Thursday June 30th, 11PM (Sydney, AU)

Friday July 1, 1AM (Auckland, NZ)

Please click on the link to register: https://airbnb.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJEud-msrDgiGtZFPcW2lT2jD4kXUPaf_gAi

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting. Not sure how to use Zoom? Check out this CC guide

Tagging some of you who might hopefully be interested 👀

@Cathie19@Lawrene0@Clara116@Christine615@Jessica-and-Henry0@Ann72@Roberta2@Alexandra316@Debra300, @Yuan100, @Robin4,

@Kitty-and-Creek0 

I look forward to catching up with you all!

Quincy

New to CC socials?: For anyone new to the socials, it's a monthly online meetup where CC (Community) members come together to connect with each other and have a bit of positivity along the way. It's not specifically Airbnb focused and anyone new is very welcome.   

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

15 Replies 15
Annie1372
Level 10
Montreal, Canada

@Quincy 

Thanks for the invite, I’ll try to be there for a first time.

9AM a bit early for wine or beer 😂 but I’ll sure enjoy my cup of tea with you.

Annie
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Annie1372! 9AM is a bit early, indeed 😂. Though, we’ve got people from all over the world in different timezones chiming in 👀

Looking forward to meeting you!

-----

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Quincy look forward to seeing and chatting with everyone! till soon - hugs, Clara

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Me too @Clara116! See you soon! ❤️

-----

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Quincy,

I'll try to attend, but I am working at 9 a.m. ET.

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

How's the pup @Debra300 ?

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Hi Stephanie, 

Would you kindly have a peek at my thread https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/I-won-an-appeal-from-deactivation-due-to-consumer-report-th...

I am at the end of the line after already winning one appeal and now I found my account deactivated again for the same thing and literally have nowhere to go from here. 😞 

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Stephanie,

Bruno is getting to be a big boy, but is still very cute.  We recently returned to St. Lucia, and although he greatly enjoyed his time in the US, the heat in Atlanta was starting to get to us all.  It reached a high of 101F/38C.

20220625_110407.jpg

One of his favorite places to relax was on an elevated bed above the vent so he could enjoy the cool air.  Now he hangs outside on our balcony taking in the pleasant sea breeze.

Till-and-Jutta0
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Stuttgart, Germany

I really would like to join the Social, but I’m not sure yet, if I can find the time as I’m travelling with my family these days in Italy.

Just returned from Lake Como, where we have stayed as guests in a small old-school B&B. So I took the chance to talk with the lovely host and with other guests, in person:

She says: As soon as she opens the calendar for one of her three private rooms, she gets a booking. So she is fully booked, and we had been lucky to find available accommodation. It’s no Wow listing, just a classic Airbnb, with awesome lakeview from the bathroom. Seems that guests really want to travel again. While she is also listed on another platform, she prefers Airbnb guests (and most of her guests are Airbnb guests), as they seem to be more pleasant, and they know what they want, and she can deliver what guests are expecting (also an excellent breakfast!).

And according to the host, it has been the first time since the pandemic that guests from different rooms join together for a social meetup in person. I took the chance to talk to other guests too. We met a lovely couple from Germany. The girl likes to book through Airbnb, to find shared spaces. I asked her if she noticed the modified booking user interface: “No, everything as usual. Ah no, now I remember, at first I’ve seen some fancy places, but then I skipped to proceed with the usual map search.”

It’s been a great experience again to stay at a shared space, to get in touch with real people. For me as host it’s important to listen to guests and to change from time to time to the guest side, to better understand their needs.

And the second best are these community meetings by Zoom, thank you for organizing!

OMG bathroom viewOMG bathroom view

Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

@Quincy @Stephanie 

@Lawrene0@Clara116@Christine615@Ann72 @Jessica-and-Henry0@Roberta2@Alexandra316@Debra300, @Yuan100, @Robin4,

So don’t be shocked but I’ve registered for the meetup and set an reminder alarm this time….. Hope to see you. 😊

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

We've missed you @Cathie19 !!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Cathie19 @Debra300 @Clara116 @Annie1372 @Christine615@Jessica-and-Henry0@Ann72@Roberta2@Alexandra316@Debra300, @Yuan100, @Robin4,

@Kitty-and-Creek0 @Lawrene0, and everyone else who wishes to join, just a quick reminder that we'll be kicking off the CC social in a few minutes 😃

-----

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Quincy  I don't have a link to join.....i'm on the slow these days seems....hahaha

I'll join when I have a link and will be alittle late....sorry

Looking forward to seeing you. X