AirBnB app installation

AirBnB app installation

When installing the AirBnB app on my phone, the hosting side will not install. Guest side works fine.  AirBnB customer service is no help. Has anyone else experienced this and found a work around?

9 Replies 9
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hello @Susan1877 ,

Could you provide me with more information on the issue you are facing, such as if you successfully installed it, but when you logged in, a guest-like profile was created and your listing did not show up?

This will make it easier for me to escalate it to the technical team.

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hi. The hosting portion of the app fails to install.

Screenshot_20230221-165230_Airbnb.png

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

@Susan1877 Noted, Thanks Susan for the screenshot. Will send the details for the technical team to review. 

Thanks again!

-----

Thomas3249
Level 2
North Richland Hills, TX

I'm having the same issue. Airbnb either needs two separate apps like VRBO or one app that does everything. Having one app that installs the other isn't reliable for all users.

Hi. any news on this problem? Thanks.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Susan1877 ,

Just saw your previous message. Are you still not able to use the app?  

As I was waiting on more information from your side, was not able to raise the query for you.

I will make sure to raise your issue with the technical team now. Please @ me, in case you respond to the messages here so that I get notified.

-----

Hi. I can only use the guest side. When I try to switch to hosting, I receive the message ' Hosting failed to install'. I've tried deleting the app and reinstalling to no avail. Updates have also not solved the issue. 

Can you please clarify how the image will be more helpful than me typing the message as I did.