Airbnb Online Experiences ...

Answered!
Bes175
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

Airbnb Online Experiences ...

...if anyone has done an A.O.E, or knows more info I'd appreciate it; + it might be helpful to others who are thinking of doing this. Some new members might not even know, that, is possible to utilise skills/ offer few things on AIRBNB outside of main remit [houses/ accommodation/ hols / travel etc]

Was reading about a guy who gives virtual tours of London and thought maybe I can offer something similar [not tours] and organise a Virtual Experience for Airbnb folks.

Have you hosted one?

Did you participate in a Virtual Experience?

how'd you charge, number of ppl and so on...

1 Best Answer
Deirdre122
Host Advisory Board Member
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Hi @Bes175

I've been hosting an Online Experience for the last 2+ years and it's been so amazing.

I started out with a dog training class in 2020 when we were in hard lockdown and couldn't leave home, and then started doing a Live Virtual Safari shortly after which has been really successful (I host an IRL experience - a horse riding safari which I adapted to do virtually).

I'd be happy to answer any questions you have and help with anything you need to get going.

@Emilie 

View Best Answer in original post

17 Replies 17
Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Bes175

Are you thinking about starting an online experience yourself? 

I believe @Deirdre122@Sanja46@Arthur424@Joaquin49 and @Aria15290, to name only a few, host experiences so perhaps they'd have some thoughts or info to share on virtual ones!

Thanks, 

Emilie   

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

Not sure why my name is suggest. I've never hosted an online experience. Sorry

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Aria15290 My apologies - as I mentioned I saw you hosted experiences and thought perhaps you might have considered online ones as well at some point along the way! 😊

Emilie

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

Bes175
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

Hiya Emily, 

Not only am thinking [from a long-long time] but training daily for IT! Sadly, until 4h ago, you ignored my needs. I want to share my vast knowledge & expertise...: )  with others - and then charge them.  (a lot of money)

Now please tell us who took Wes's $3,000 and who is lying to whom? 20 of us tried to find out & failed, is only you [no.21] who can fix this! 

Cheers,

B.

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Bes175,

Exciting to hear that you've been doing some IT training, I hope that's going well! I'm not sure I quite understand what you mean in the rest of your comment though I'm afraid - if you can give me more info that'd be great. 🙂

Thanks,

Emilie

-----

Deirdre122

Hi @Bes175

I've been hosting an Online Experience for the last 2+ years and it's been so amazing.

I started out with a dog training class in 2020 when we were in hard lockdown and couldn't leave home, and then started doing a Live Virtual Safari shortly after which has been really successful (I host an IRL experience - a horse riding safari which I adapted to do virtually).

I'd be happy to answer any questions you have and help with anything you need to get going.

@Emilie 

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks @Deirdre122 😊

-----

@Deirdre122 , I saw your online experience when browsing during the pandemic. Fantastic idea! Made me start thinking if I could offer anything myself. You have a lot of bookings and you have to be sooo engaged when AOE hosting.  How do you manage such a hectic schedule?

Deirdre122

@Flavia202 Thank you for that feedback... I'm sure there is something wonderful you can offer from your personal experience to convert into an OE!

With regard to managing my schedule... From towards the end of 2021 I have had some co-hosts assisting with the In-Real-Life experiences  which allowed me to focus on the OE while they were really busy. For my OE, as it's live and outdoors, I am limited to daylight hours which pre-determined the times I can offer the tours daily - for mine, most (not all) of my bookings come from the USA so I mostly schedule my OE for South African afternoons/evenings before sunset, which leave my mornings available to host in-person experiences. This of course also changes between winter and summer. My settings allow for guests to request alternate times other than those I've scheduled, so I do still of course accommodate other timezones. I know of other OE hosts who are able to host 24/7 and have co-hosts assisting so they can schedule more throughout the day. 

The difference between the IRL and the OE is that when someone is physically doing an experience, silences are comfortable while guests enjoy the scenery. For online, I need to keep the content moving... People can only see what's on my screen, so I do need to talk a lot more and provide a lot more information and stories.

Sometimes groups are chatty and ask a lot of questions, other groups are quiet throughout. 

It's been a learning curve with lots of challenges and joys... Technology, weather, power outages etc, all make for some interesting Plan B situations. 

Lovely, @Deirdre122 

Thanks for the encouragement, and for taking the time to expand on how you juggle things.  Keep on having fun! 

Bes175
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

Hello Deidre and many thanks; in this case what would help me more [and few others that might think about this] would be a link - if you have one; so we can learn from your experience. If I see a template/ example how others have done this it might be easier for me.

I'm happy that you had such wonderful experience even during Pandemic time and manage to turn it into a success! 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

If you visit @Deirdre122 profile you can see any experiences that she offers

Deirdre122

Thank you @Bes175 - I'm not able to share a link here it seems, but as @Helen3 mentions below, if you click on my profile you'll be able to see my experiences - Live Virtual Wildlife Safari in South Africa is my online experience.

Hi @Deirdre122 , 

I have gone live with an online experience. 

Have got 2 reviews as well.

0) However, when I go to the destination page for my online listing ( which is New Delhi, India), I can't seem to find the listing anywhere. 

My listing is not limited to a particular city. Meaning that anyone within or outside India can book it. 

1) How can I make it visible across India? 

2) Do I need duplicate the same experience, and upload it across multiple cities? 

3) Any tips on how to increase visibility of the listing on Airbnb? 

Thanks.