Airbnb Online Experiences ...

Answered!
Bes175
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

Airbnb Online Experiences ...

...if anyone has done an A.O.E, or knows more info I'd appreciate it; + it might be helpful to others who are thinking of doing this. Some new members might not even know, that, is possible to utilise skills/ offer few things on AIRBNB outside of main remit [houses/ accommodation/ hols / travel etc]

Was reading about a guy who gives virtual tours of London and thought maybe I can offer something similar [not tours] and organise a Virtual Experience for Airbnb folks.

Have you hosted one?

Did you participate in a Virtual Experience?

how'd you charge, number of ppl and so on...

1 Best Answer
Deirdre122
Host Advisory Board Member
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Hi @Bes175

I've been hosting an Online Experience for the last 2+ years and it's been so amazing.

I started out with a dog training class in 2020 when we were in hard lockdown and couldn't leave home, and then started doing a Live Virtual Safari shortly after which has been really successful (I host an IRL experience - a horse riding safari which I adapted to do virtually).

I'd be happy to answer any questions you have and help with anything you need to get going.

@Emilie 

View Best Answer in original post

17 Replies 17
Deirdre122

Hi Sharad,

A happy new year to you and congratulations on your Online Experience going live. Please send me the name of the experience so I can check if it's visible in search.

You don't need to duplicate it for multiple regions - its online so it's accessible worldwide.

With regards to visibility - we all have yet to work out the algorithm 🙂 But using keywords helps with search engine optimisation, so be sure to use keywords like "great for groups", "family friendly" , "teambuilding" for example - whichever are appropriate to yours that people may search to make sure you show up in relevant searches.

We have a very active and supportive Whatsapp group with awesome hosts always there to support each other and answer questions, so if you DM me I'll see if I can put you in touch with the community leaders, Keshav & David to get you joined. They regularly host skillshare sessions for hosts to improve their OE.  There is also a Facebook Group for online experience hosts - Airbnb Online Experience Hosts. 

Deirdre122

@Keshav7 - Sharad has just gone live with an OE - can you help him join us in our Whatsapp group? He is also in New Delhi, and having trouble finding his new OE in the experience pages.

Keshav7
New Delhi, India

Thanks @Deirdre122 ! Hi @Sharad19 ! 

here is link to your online experience - https://abnb.me/tlfbRgmjuwb

It is already visible in multiple cities like Deirdre said and you won’t need to upload it again since it’s an online experience 

sending you a direct message soon with Fb and whatsapp group link 🙌

Passionate about life!