Airbnb does not pay to host more than 2300 euros

Olga256
Level 2
Barcelona, Spain

Airbnb does not pay to host more than 2300 euros

Hello everybody!

For more than half a year now, I have had a problem with @Airbnb payment of my money as a host for renting an apartment in Barcelona. Reason: non-payment of my money, which is 2336 euros (delay more than 6 months). Airbnb took them from customers, took their commission and doesn't send me a dime. I have already made official complaints many times to the platform and other European consumer protection organizations, but I have not received a clear answer or money. There is no legal basis for such behavior. I am a citizen of Ukraine and a legal resident of Spain. If Airbnb doesn't give me an official response or refund the amount owed to me soon, I'm going to start a lawsuit.
Moreover, I'm a verified host of Airbnb more than 10 years with more than 300 reviews.
Has anyone encountered a similar situation?

7 Replies 7
Bes175
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

Hi Ollga, and sorry to hear about this - one year is a long time to solve a simple dispute. Now is the time to stop going around in circles and ask the protection of the LAWS of the Country which you are a resident of - SPAIN. 

While lawsuit - technically is correct 🙂 it sounds big [as an archaic term] also is a little more complex for the problem you have; a lawsuit may have different claims, counter-claims, many people and cross claims; all you need is SMALL CLAIMS COURT.

In UK the sum is up to £5,000 in Spain is ~6.000 and depending if you are  a' physical person' or a 'juridical one/ entity' you pay initial fee or 0.1 or 0.5% for claims over Euro 2,000.  This is what will happen: (a) Airbnb will settle out-of-court [before case is heard] or(b) they might show up, in which case you get 'a clear win on the table' 3rd option is they fight it...but you have paper-work etc etc ++ include the time/ effort for each call/ endeavour you made so the sum totals - Euro 6,000 [go for the max] In this Juicio verbal you present yourself for sums <Euro <2,000 but more am not sure but one might need a lawyer.

Ask these people for advice Oficina de Atención al Ciudadano at the Juzgado on hows, wheres and whats - then get to work and take your money.

Bes175
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

Typo:

(b) they might NOT show up

@Bes175 

I saw a post on FB yesterday a guy filed a law suit against airbnb, they paid on the last day, 3 months it took to get paid

Hey Sudsrung! Did they continue to allow him to use the website? I am considering having an attorney send a letter about a retaliatory review they refuse to take down...and I was worried they would kick me off.

@Christina163 

Im not sure about that, If I remember he said he will never use them again,

Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

@Olga256 

This is outrageous treatment of host, It seems you are not alone I see many post from host in a similar situation, I often think what would I do, it could happen to any one of us,

I dont think I would let it go on that long to start with, I wouldn't let another guest check in from airbnb,

Any future guest I would ask them to cancel with airbnb I always download the booking details within the hour and add them to a Whatsapp group.

Offer them a discount to book direct with you,

Make sure you are listed on other platforms,

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Olga256, I'm very sorry to hear about this. I can imagine that this is not a great situation. I will pass this on to our so that they can look into this for you. 

Quincy 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen