Airbnb holding money without justification

Answered!

Airbnb holding money without justification

Airbnb arbitrarily stopped ALL my payouts on January 17th and onwards claiming my account needed verification and sent some links to do it. When I opened those links, there was nothing to verify as the profile was already verified and the page said "You're all set." (screenshot to this page is attached at the bottom)

However, the payouts were still paused, including all future payouts too. I received a message saying payouts will be paused until I verify. But we're already verified and it wont let us do anything else. Now I've gone through 4 different support agents over the past three weeks, had calls, chats almost everyday explaining them that there is no issue from my end and I'm already verified, and everytime they have the same responses happen:

1. "Your payout is paused because you have to verify," and I am given the same link (the same that opens the screenshot page) which is already verified since over a year and nothing is required from my end.
  2. When they realize that that I've just told them at the start of the chat that I am already verified and that they didnt even read my concern before responding, they just say "You will receive an email and we are forwarding your concern to a specialized department."
  3. Then nothing happens and I am yet to receive that email since almost 3 weeks. When I go and raise the concern again, a different agent is connected and steps 1-3 are repeated. 

On my latest call today with the support agent, I was told that they have no idea why payouts are stopped and no idea when they will be restored either. So baffling. When I requested to be transferred to another department, the request was also declined and I was given the same robotic response from above that I will receive an email, which never comes and that my case is being forwarded. This is honestly the worst support system I have ever seen in my life because they will just transfer you to each other on the same level playing pass-the-parcel with you and nobody has the authority nor the knowledge to do anything about your issue, they dont even forward the case history when forwarding your case so you have to start from square one again and explain everything!

We are a small business with new bookings almost everyday and have rent & liabilities to pay, how long will they play this circling game without trying to actually solve my problem? Its not like we have violated anything or been penalized to get such treatment. I am a verified superhost and running on airbnb since over a year. And its not just one or two payouts either, ALL past,present,future payouts are blocked and we are still getting bookings everyday meaning the blocked amount is increasing everyday. I have no other options but to write this everywhere in hopes that someone would notice and have an answer.

The whole superhost thing is a marketing gimmick, its all a facade behind half-human half-robot customer support. They do not care about your concerns it is honestly so disheartening. They hoard money without a justification.

verification-screen_www.airbnb.com.jpeg
@Bhumika @Jenny  Could you guys please help out if you have any ideas/suggestions? I've noticed you help with payout issues on here before. Would be such a great help thank you.

1 Best Answer
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Araamgah0 ,

I hope you would have received some communication regarding this by now. And got clarity on what needs to be submitted.

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Araamgah0 ,

I am so sorry that you are facing such troubles and not getting the support you require. I will pass on your concern to the related team and check if there are any updates. I hope you hear something from them soon.

-----

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Araamgah0 ,

I hope you would have received some communication regarding this by now. And got clarity on what needs to be submitted.

-----

Enkeleda2
Level 2
Tirana, Albania

Hi,  exactly the same situation with too, @Araamgah0 did you receive any solution?

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hey @Enkeleda2 ,

As mentioned in another thread, I have raised it for you to the team. I hope you receive some updates soon!

Please feel free to let us know in case you have received any updates on your side as well.

-----

Hi dear @Bhumika i receive the payment, everything Ok now. Thanks

Marc160
Level 2
Marrakesh, Morocco

Hello @Araamgah0 ,

We are having the exact same issues as you. Did you manage to get this situation resolved?

Thank you

Marc