Are 1099 forms available yet for 2022?

Answered!

Are 1099 forms available yet for 2022?

I can't seem to find anything about whether they're available yet or not.

1 Best Answer

@Bhumika   Would it be productive to let these hosts know that AirBnB may not be providing 1099s this year?  Refer to my posting of the letter I received:

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-announces-delay-for-implementation-of-600-reporting-threshold-for-t...

On December 23, 2022, the IRS announced a delay in reporting thresholds for third-party settlement organizations, such as Airbnb, set to take effect for the upcoming tax filing season. The result of the delay means that Airbnb will not be required to file Form 1099-K under the $600 threshold which was enacted as part of the American Rescue Plan of 2021. Accordingly, for calendar year 2022, we will only issue Form 1099-K under the greater than $20,000 and 200+ reservation threshold or as required by your state/district's threshold.

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hello @Lee353 ,

Since it has been a while, have you been able to locate any new information about these forms?

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

No, the 1099 form is still not available.

It’s available now but good luck opening it. 

@Bhumika   Would it be productive to let these hosts know that AirBnB may not be providing 1099s this year?  Refer to my posting of the letter I received:

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-announces-delay-for-implementation-of-600-reporting-threshold-for-t...

On December 23, 2022, the IRS announced a delay in reporting thresholds for third-party settlement organizations, such as Airbnb, set to take effect for the upcoming tax filing season. The result of the delay means that Airbnb will not be required to file Form 1099-K under the $600 threshold which was enacted as part of the American Rescue Plan of 2021. Accordingly, for calendar year 2022, we will only issue Form 1099-K under the greater than $20,000 and 200+ reservation threshold or as required by your state/district's threshold.

This is my first year as a host.  I would also like to know when/how to get a  IRS form 1099.   

me too!